    If anyone has solved this problem, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

    --
    Turgidso
    Turgidson, Jul 18, 2008

  2. You still have ODBC drivers - but you have a mix of 32-bit an 64-bit ODBC.
    When you launch the default ODBC Administrator, you only see the 64-bit
    ones, a much small list. To see the 32-bit ones, yhou need to launch the
    32-bit ODBC Administrator. This is found at: %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcadm.exe.

    Try that and you should find what you're looking for.

    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 18, 2008

  3. Turgidson

    Turgidson Guest

    Thanks. That works. :)

    I kept looking at the one in system32, figuring it was a 32-bit
    administrator. And every time I clicked on that, I got the same old
    under-populated list.

    I never would have suspected that the 32-bit administrator would be
    under SysWOW64.

    Turgidson
    Turgidson, Jul 18, 2008
  4. All 32-bit programs are in the SysWOW64 folder. Since it's the WOW64
    subsystem (Windows on Windows 64-bit). And yes, it's VERY confusing. The
    System32 is maintained for compatibility, one assumes.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 18, 2008
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    >You still have ODBC drivers - but you have a mix of 32-bit an 64-bit ODBC.
    >When you launch the default ODBC Administrator, you only see the 64-bit
    >ones, a much small list. To see the 32-bit ones, yhou need to launch the
    >32-bit ODBC Administrator. This is found at: %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcadm.exe.

    And note that 32-bit applications use the 32-bit ODBC drivers, and 64-bit
    applications 64-bit ODBC.

    This means that if you're using VBS scripts to do this, and they need
    32-bit ODBC drivers, you'll have to run the scripts using the 32-bit VBS
    executables (cscript/vscript) in the SysWOW64 folder too.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jul 18, 2008