    What is the best Database program on the market for keeping customers
    details in an easy to use way? One that you can enter data into a wizard.

    Paul
    Paul, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Paul

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:p6Iwc.1011$...
    > What is the best Database program on the market for keeping customers
    > details in an easy to use way? One that you can enter data into a wizard.
    >
    > Paul

    MS Access

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Paul

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    That's a good program for database's, that's what I use.
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Paul

    Robert Baer Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:

    > "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > > What is the best Database program on the market for keeping customers
    > > details in an easy to use way? One that you can enter data into a wizard.
    > >
    > > Paul

    > MS Access
    >
    > Duane :)

    Perhaps, but ya gotta write the whole stinking app from scratch and
    debug it - and that is after weeks of learning the basics of ACCESS.
    FileMaker would be a better and more universal approach (single user,
    multi-user, network, web - get all possibilities at the same price).
    Robert Baer, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Paul

    Wiz Guest

    Flat File piece of shit. Yes written for idiots but not very useful.

    Wiz, Jun 7, 2004
  6. Paul

    Robert Baer Guest

    Wiz wrote:

    > Flat File piece of shit. Yes written for idiots but not very useful.
    >
    > Robert Baer wrote:
    > >
    > > Duane Arnold wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Paul" <> wrote in message

    > > > MS Access
    > > >
    > > > Duane :)

    > > Perhaps, but ya gotta write the whole stinking app from scratch and
    > > debug it - and that is after weeks of learning the basics of ACCESS.
    > > FileMaker would be a better and more universal approach (single user,
    > > multi-user, network, web - get all possibilities at the same price).

    I have seen a number of very decent business apps created with
    FileMaker, and they were robust enough to go commercial.
    Just because it is flat file based (like Dbase 2,3,4) does not make it
    a "POS".
    And the capabilities have been improved each major revision...
    Robert Baer, Jun 8, 2004
  7. Paul

    Hamman Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > What is the best Database program on the market for keeping customers
    > details in an easy to use way? One that you can enter data into a wizard.
    >
    > Paul

    How many customers are we talking about here?

    <500 then use MS Access like theo thers said, but any more then look at
    getting an SQL server, it will provide far higher future upgradability and
    you can get someone to code a nice web based frontend to it for you.

    hamman
    Hamman, Jun 8, 2004