    Cable, it loses the connection.

    What step am I missing here to complete the Wireless Bridge?

    , Mar 12, 2006

  2. Jack Guest

    Hi

    Wireless Devices can be configured to perform in variety of Modes.

    In order to Bridge, or Repeat Infrastructure Wireless source, the device
    need to allow configuration as a Client, or WDS Mode (Regular Access Point
    Mode would Not allow Bridging).

    Most of the consumer Cable/DSL Wireless Routers cannot be configured as
    Clients or WDS. I am Not sure about your Belkin (some of the Belkin's can be
    used for Bridging) look at the Data Sheet.

    More here.

    Wireless Modes: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

    Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Guest

    Jack wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Wireless Devices can be configured to perform in variety of Modes.
    >
    > In order to Bridge, or Repeat Infrastructure Wireless source, the device
    > need to allow configuration as a Client, or WDS Mode (Regular Access Point
    > Mode would Not allow Bridging).
    >
    > Most of the consumer Cable/DSL Wireless Routers cannot be configured as
    > Clients or WDS. I am Not sure about your Belkin (some of the Belkin's can be
    > used for Bridging) look at the Data Sheet.
    >
    > More here.
    >
    > Wireless Modes: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    >
    > Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging
    >
    > Extending Distance: http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html
    >
    > Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    >
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to create a wireless bridge between two Belkin F5D72314
    > > Routers. One is being used as a Wireless Router, and the other has
    > > been configured to be used as an Access Point. I've entered the WLAN
    > > Address into the Wireless Bridge Page of the Router. I've also made
    > > sure that the SSID's are the same, and both the Access Point and the
    > > Router are on the same channel. For purposes of troubleshooting, I've
    > > turned off all encryption and other security.
    > >

    > > I am able to sucessfully Ping the Access Point when it's connected to
    > > the Router via Ethernet Cable. However, when I disconnect the Ethernet
    > >
    > > Cable, it loses the connection.
    > >

    > > What step am I missing here to complete the Wireless Bridge?

    Thanks for the information.

    I read it all carefully - - - And it seems like I've followed the
    Belkin instructions exactly as they state. I'm wondering if some of
    the settings need to be configured on the Belkin Router before it's put
    into "Access Point" mode. (i.e. Turning off DHCP etc.). I would
    assume that once it's put into the "Access Point" mode, it turns on and
    off the things that it needs to. There isn't even an option (once in
    Access Point Mode) to even turn DHCP on an off.

    The Belkin Instructions make it seem so simple - - - That's why I think
    I'm missing an easy step here.

    , Mar 13, 2006
  4. Guest

    Further on this . . .

    After updating the Firmware, the Wireless Bridge works great!

    Thanks for everybody's help!

    , Mar 19, 2006