    directly). I do know how to access this option to shoot movies. Any
    tips please?

    Harry

    Harry, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Harry

    Mark Waters Guest

    (Harry) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am unable to shoot movies with my coolpix 4500. When I try to slect
    > the movie mode from Shooting Menu, the menu skips Continous menu
    > category (skips from Metering option to Image Adjustment option
    > directly). I do know how to access this option to shoot movies. Any
    > tips please?
    >
    > Harry

    Try turning off noise reduction. If that doesn't work, there should be
    another setting that you've activated (perhaps BSS) that is preventing
    you from selecting Movie Mode.

    HTH

    Mark Waters, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Harry

    Ihor Guest

    (Harry) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am unable to shoot movies with my coolpix 4500. When I try to slect
    > the movie mode from Shooting Menu, the menu skips Continous menu
    > category (skips from Metering option to Image Adjustment option
    > directly). I do know how to access this option to shoot movies. Any
    > tips please?
    >
    > Harry

    That's strange. I tried to duplicate your problem with my 4500.
    I would suggest joining the 'Nikon 4500 Yahoo group'.
    It's free and the group is quite knowledgeable.

    Ihor

    Ihor, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Harry

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 14 Aug 2003 22:10:31 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    (Harry) wrote:

    >I am unable to shoot movies with my coolpix 4500. When I try to slect
    >the movie mode from Shooting Menu, the menu skips Continous menu
    >category (skips from Metering option to Image Adjustment option
    >directly). I do know how to access this option to shoot movies. Any
    >tips please?

    From p68 of the manual:
    Movies can not be recorded unless the monitor is on.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Aug 15, 2003
  5. Harry

    Harry Guest

    (Mark Waters) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Harry) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > I am unable to shoot movies with my coolpix 4500. When I try to slect
    > > the movie mode from Shooting Menu, the menu skips Continous menu
    > > category (skips from Metering option to Image Adjustment option
    > > directly). I do know how to access this option to shoot movies. Any
    > > tips please?
    > >
    > > Harry

    > Try turning off noise reduction. If that doesn't work, there should be
    > another setting that you've activated (perhaps BSS) that is preventing
    > you from selecting Movie Mode.
    >
    > HTH

    Thanks. Turning noise reduction off fixed it

    Harry

    Harry, Aug 16, 2003