Help converting MS Publisher files to HTML

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ed Pulliam, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Ed Pulliam

    Ed Pulliam Guest

    I have a 6 page MS Publisher file (*.pub) that I need to convert to
    either one long web page or 6 separate htlm files. I really don't care
    which.

    MS Publisher appears to have two options, a "convert to web" button,
    which screws up the format really bad, or "Save As html" from the file
    menu.

    The save as option renders good results, but only with the first page of
    the original document. I can't find a way to get the other pages to
    save as html files.

    Any ideas?

    TIA

    --
    - Ed Pulliam
    - Using OUI 1.9.2 Pro from http://www.ouisoft.com
    Ed Pulliam, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Ed Pulliam wrote:

    > I have a 6 page MS Publisher file (*.pub) that I need to convert to
    > either one long web page or 6 separate htlm files. I really don't care
    > which.

    > MS Publisher appears to have two options, a "convert to web" button,
    > which screws up the format really bad, or "Save As html" from the file
    > menu.

    MS stuff creates crap markup. Save as text and do your own with a text
    editor. Check your work here: http://validator.w3.org/

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 31, 2004

  3. Ed Pulliam

    Ed Pulliam Guest

    On December 31 2004, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > MS stuff creates crap markup. Save as text and do your own with a
    > text editor. Check your work here: http://validator.w3.org/

    While I realize the limitations, I would always validate the final
    results before uploading to my server. Do still wish I could find a way
    to save all 6 pages as HTML.

    Anyone?

    Ed Pulliam, Dec 31, 2004
  4. Ed Pulliam

    Noel Paton Guest

    Which version of Publisher are you using?
    I have Pub 2003 - if you want to email it to me, I'll have a go at moving it
    into FrontPage, and saving from there.
    (my email addy is valid)

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    A Happy Xmas, and a Merry New Year to everyone!

    Noel Paton, Dec 31, 2004