    servers have legal IP addresses so there is no need for port forwarding or
    nat. Please answer to the newsgroup.

    Thanks in advance.
    Leo Nardo, Aug 22, 2005

  2. Leo Nardo

    Guest

    I would like to help, but I'm not exactly sure of your setup. If, for
    example, your single IP address and /29 subnet both hang off the same
    router interface, I believe you should be able to add a secondar IP
    address on the 1711 interface. For example:

    int fa0/0
    ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.248 secondary

    As long as the ISP has a route pointing to that subnet giong through
    the single IP address and you have a default route back to your ISP, I
    think this setup should work. HTH.

    Robert
    , Aug 23, 2005

  3. Leo Nardo

    Leo Nardo Guest

    wrote:

    > I would like to help, but I'm not exactly sure of your setup. If, for
    > example, your single IP address and /29 subnet both hang off the same
    > router interface, I believe you should be able to add a secondar IP
    > address on the 1711 interface. For example:
    >
    > int fa0/0
    > ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.248 secondary
    >
    > As long as the ISP has a route pointing to that subnet giong through
    > the single IP address and you have a default route back to your ISP, I
    > think this setup should work. HTH.
    >
    > Robert

    The setup is as follows:

    ".248" legal addresses subnet-> Vlan2
    4-port WIC ->1711<- Ethernet0 -> DSL
    Private LAN -> Vlan1

    Our ISP does not route the ".248" addresses through the the main DSL address
    (wich by the way is on a different subnet). I need to use proxy arp to
    bring the 248 addresses forward to the DSL interface. This is what I do
    with the Linux firewall. By the way, is it possible to have secondary
    addresses on the FastEthernet0 interface when using ADSL, When it is
    connected to an ADSL modem?

    If I use the setup you are suggesting, I have to port forward from the DSL
    interface to the Vlan2 servers I guess.

    Thanks.

    Thanks.
    Leo Nardo, Aug 25, 2005