    aware of?

    Any advice is appreciated.

    Chuck

    Guest, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Guest

    Jim Townsend Guest

    wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > Just purchased a used Canon D30. The color cast seems terrible on the
    > camera - especially when I use the AWB setting. Further, I don't seem to
    > have the 'parameters' option on the camera - which may help. When I
    > compare pictures from my G3 against this camera the G3 wins hands down.
    >
    > Have any of you encountered this before? Is there a setting I'm just not
    > aware of?
    >

    > Any advice is appreciated.

    What color is the cast and how bad is it.. Is it a solid color or just
    a noticeable tint. (Better yet.. can you post a link to an example image) ?

    What happens when you shoot RAW ?

    Jim Townsend, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Guest

    Skip M Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Folks,
    >
    > Just purchased a used Canon D30. The color cast seems terrible on the
    > camera - especially when I use the AWB setting. Further, I don't seem to
    > have the 'parameters' option on the camera - which may help. When I
    > compare pictures from my G3 against this camera the G3 wins hands down.
    >
    > Have any of you encountered this before? Is there a setting I'm just not
    > aware of?
    >

    > Any advice is appreciated.
    >

    > Chuck

    Parameters are set in ZoomBrowser, not on the camera as they are on more
    recent cameras. Do you have a manual? It tells you how in that... (Polite
    way of saying RTFM! ;-) )
    The color cast on mine was poor, until I set the parameters on Saturated.
    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Jun 13, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Skip, Jim. I've ordered a manual. Let me try your advice and I'll let you
    know. Skp, your advice appreciated.

    Guest, Jun 13, 2004
  5. Guest

    Skip M Guest

    If you can't get one, I have it on CD, I'd be glad to send a copy along...

    Skip M, Jun 13, 2004
  6. Guest

    Gordo Laqua Guest

    "Skip M" <> wrote in

    > If you can't get one, I have it on CD, I'd be glad to send a copy
    > along...

    You can find it online here
    http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/pdf/d30_hw.pdf

    "I didn't get rich by writing a lot of cheques."
    - Bill Gates to Homer Simpson

    Gordo Laqua, Jun 14, 2004
  7. Guest

    Ron Risman Guest

    Hi,

    You can find product manuals for many digital cameras over at
    www.cameratown.com.

    Here is the link to the EOS-D30 Manuals (Instruction and Software).
    http://www.cameratown.com/manuals/index.cfm?pid=C181021

    Ron Risman, Webmaster
    website: www.cameratown.com

    Ron Risman, Jun 14, 2004