    a wirelesss broadband dsl router to use the internet. i havent a clue how to
    set it up!
    thanks in advance.
    Tyler, Oct 29, 2005

  2. Tyler,

    You insert the Cisco 350 wireless card into your computer, probably you will
    need to install drivers for the card. Then you should configure your
    wireless connection settings according to what's configured in your
    broadband router (same SSID, encryption, password, etc.) Windows XP has
    "Wireless Zero Configuration" service, which should help with all these
    tasks.

    Sincerely,

    Mike
    www.headsetadapter.com

    CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com, Oct 29, 2005

  3. Tyler

    Tyler Guest

    Hi Mike,
    I have already installed the card and drivers.
    It says in Network Connections "wireless connection unavailable"
    It says on the cisco ACU that its not associated but i dont know how to
    associate it.
    Any ideas?

    Tyler, Oct 29, 2005
  4. There are a couple parameters that should match: SSID, encryption,
    authentication mechanism and passwords, etc. If your router does not
    broadcast your SSID, you should enter it within your computer manually. Your
    encryption settings depend on your router configuration. It's better to have
    your router configuration page open on one computer, and configure your
    laptop's settings. If you have some parameters you don't know, you check
    appropriate page on the router.

    Sincerely,

    Mike
    www.headsetadapter.com