Help.. can't reinstall outlook express and/or use outlook

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by md, May 30, 2004.

  1. md

    md Guest

    I cannot get OE6 or Outlook 2000 to run on a laptop. It is a Thinkpad 600,
    PII-333, running w98se. Had worked fine for 2 yrs with both programs. but a
    few things seem to stop working.

    The most noticeable is that when I try to open Outlook 2000, i get an error
    message saying that ."An OLE registration error occurred. The program is
    not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program.

    When i try to open Outlook Expressit can't find msoeres.dll, may be an
    installation problem

    In both cases Outlook or OE won't open up.

    I tried removing OE and reinstalling 3 times. Used the latest patches and
    service pack. Each time some part or another could not be found, loaded or
    ?

    Is there a CLEAN way to remove and reinstall these programs?

    Thanks for your help. Please email or copy responses to: info (at)
    kramden )dot) net
    mark
    md, May 30, 2004

  2. md

    °Mike° Guest

    OL2000: Error Message: An OLE Registration Error Occurred
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249768

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 03:50:06 GMT, in
    <ORcuc.4438$%>
    md scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 30, 2004

  3. md

    md Guest

    Thanks, Mike, but this is a different error...the fix you sent me to was for
    opening an email, i can't get OE or Outlook 2000 working. So, i still need
    help. The real question is how to uninstall and then reinstall Outlook
    express and outlook...

    md, May 30, 2004
  4. md

    Ernest Guest

    "md" <> wrote in message
    > I cannot get OE6 or Outlook 2000 to run on a laptop. It is a Thinkpad

    600,
    > PII-333, running w98se. Had worked fine for 2 yrs with both programs. but

    > few things seem to stop working.
    >
    > The most noticeable is that when I try to open Outlook 2000, i get an

    error
    > message saying that ."An OLE registration error occurred. The program is
    > not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program.
    >
    > When i try to open Outlook Expressit can't find msoeres.dll, may be an
    > installation problem

    Did you search google for msoeres.dll
    or
    msoeres.dll install or even http://tinyurl.com/yvgr8

    Ernest, May 30, 2004
  5. md

    anon Guest

    For OL repair or uninstall/reinstall using the cd

    anon, May 30, 2004
  6. md

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you tried repairing Internet Explorer from the
    Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs?

    If you don't have that option, type the following
    into the Start / Run box (case sensitive):

    rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

    Description of the Internet Explorer Repair Tool

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 06:17:48 GMT, in
    <g0fuc.4447$%>
    md scrawled:

    >Thanks, Mike, but this is a different error...the fix you sent me to was for
    >opening an email, i can't get OE or Outlook 2000 working. So, i still need
    >help. The real question is how to uninstall and then reinstall Outlook
    >express and outlook...

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 30, 2004
  7. md

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "md" <> wrote in message
    > I cannot get OE6 or Outlook 2000 to run on a laptop. It is a Thinkpad

    600,
    > PII-333, running w98se. Had worked fine for 2 yrs with both programs. but

    > few things seem to stop working.
    >
    > The most noticeable is that when I try to open Outlook 2000, i get an

    error
    > message saying that ."An OLE registration error occurred. The program is
    > not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program.
    >
    > When i try to open Outlook Expressit can't find msoeres.dll, may be an
    > installation problem
    >
    > In both cases Outlook or OE won't open up.
    >
    > I tried removing OE and reinstalling 3 times. Used the latest patches and
    > service pack. Each time some part or another could not be found, loaded

    or
    > ?
    >
    > Is there a CLEAN way to remove and reinstall these programs?

    it's been a long time since i used win98se, if there is a checkdisk or
    scandisk utility, use it. then defrag.
    then try reinstalling OE or Outlook.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, May 30, 2004