    indicates what they stem from.

    I do load, then play around with but often uninstall lots of new
    applications.
    Seagull, Dec 21, 2011

  2. Seagull

    Seagull Guest

    "Bret" wrote in message news:15e6m6tl7v7ff.vwztv34oe511$...

    On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:37:29 +1300, Seagull wrote:

    > When my PC boots up I get a window headed
    > Open with.
    > then the message:
    > Choose the program you wish to open this file
    >
    > File: Program
    >
    > Question is, how do I determine what the "Program" is?
    >
    > The Start Menu and windows task manager do not offer any indications
    >
    > Notepad and Wordpad will open the files but offer no English text that
    > indicates what they stem from.
    >
    > I do load, then play around with but often uninstall lots of new
    > applications.

    the 3 letter extension after the dot.

    Unfortunately no details, including file extensions are shown. That is the
    problem and the reason I asked for help.
    Seagull, Dec 21, 2011

  3. Seagull

    Seagull, Dec 21, 2011
  4. Seagull

    Seagull, Dec 21, 2011
  5. Seagull

    Guest

    Re: Help! Can't identify program that resullts in Win 7 on startingto display a message re opening mystery "Program"

    On Dec 21, 8:37 pm, "Seagull" <> wrote:
    > When my PC boots up I get a window headed
    > Open with.
    > then the message:
    > Choose the program you wish to open this file
    >
    > File: Program
    >
    > Question is, how do I determine what the "Program" is?
    >
    > The Start Menu and windows task manager do not offer any indications
    >
    > Notepad and Wordpad  will open the files but offer no English text that
    > indicates what they stem from.
    >
    > I do load, then  play around with but  often  uninstall lots of new
    > applications.

    You could use Msconfig (startup tab) and see it that tells you where
    it is . If nothing else you'll be able to disable it.
    , Dec 27, 2011