    purples/magentas into the blue spectrum.

    Any ideas?
    , Nov 12, 2003

  2. Re: Canon i950 prints look washed out

    <> wrote in message
    > I got an i950 to replace my clog-happy Epson 780. The i950 is quiet,
    > fast, and produces pictures that are less grainy. Unfortunately,
    > they're a bit washed out, especially skin tones.
    >
    > I've tried a bunch of settings (and eaten up several sheets of Photo
    > Paper Pro). Cranking in some ICM helps the skin tones, but shifts the
    > purples/magentas into the blue spectrum.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    A Canon rep told me to simply use manual colour override in the driver
    software to dial out a colour cast. As a one-time chemical darkroom user, I
    can dig it...

    --
    Here lies the late Martin Francis
    He couldn't tell you the technical merits of Leitz and Zeiss
    Martin Francis, Nov 12, 2003

  3. On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:16:53 GMT, wrote:

    >I got an i950 to replace my clog-happy Epson 780. The i950 is quiet,
    >fast, and produces pictures that are less grainy. Unfortunately,
    >they're a bit washed out, especially skin tones.
    >
    >I've tried a bunch of settings (and eaten up several sheets of Photo
    >Paper Pro). Cranking in some ICM helps the skin tones, but shifts the
    >purples/magentas into the blue spectrum.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    My experience with the i950 has been exceptionally satisfying. It may
    be the paper that has made the difference. I found the local Sam's
    Club is selling Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss Paper, and it includes a
    folder with recommended settings for its use with many different
    printers. Their listed settings for the Canon i-Series has given me
    excellent results. And very consistent as well.

    Olin McDaniel
    To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
    "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
    the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
    Olin K. McDaniel, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Winston Guest

    (Olin K. McDaniel) wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:16:53 GMT, wrote:
    >
    > >I got an i950 to replace my clog-happy Epson 780. The i950 is quiet,
    > >fast, and produces pictures that are less grainy. Unfortunately,
    > >they're a bit washed out, especially skin tones.
    > >
    > >I've tried a bunch of settings (and eaten up several sheets of Photo
    > >Paper Pro). Cranking in some ICM helps the skin tones, but shifts the
    > >purples/magentas into the blue spectrum.
    > >
    > >Any ideas?

    > My experience with the i950 has been exceptionally satisfying. It may
    > be the paper that has made the difference. I found the local Sam's
    > Club is selling Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss Paper, and it includes a
    > folder with recommended settings for its use with many different
    > printers. Their listed settings for the Canon i-Series has given me
    > excellent results. And very consistent as well.
    >
    > Olin McDaniel
    > To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
    > "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
    > the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."

    I've purchased the Sam's paper also and it is a very close 2nd to the
    PPP paper at a quarter of the price.
    Winston, Nov 12, 2003