    I have uninstalled all the anti-virus and firewall software. I have
    uninstalled and reinstalled the network components. Nothing is working.

    Any suggestions?

    Guest, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Guest

    Jeff Guest

    I'm not sure why, but sometimes assigning all the computers to a new
    workgroup you have never used before will resolve this problem.

    Jeff, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Jeff,

    Thanks. I am closer. Now I can see the other computers in the workgroup,
    but I cannot add a network place.

    What could be out of sync? I know I have the right WEP key.

    Guest, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Guest

    Jeff Guest

    Once you can get the computers to see each other but you can't access shares
    it is usually a permissions or firewall issue. Disable any Windows or
    third-party firewalls on all the machines first. If you can access shares
    and create network places you will need to tweak the firewall settings to
    allow the sharing you wish.

    If that doesn't work, check that you have assigned permission to see and
    edit files on computer A to the username you are using on computer B.

    Keep writing back if that doesn't help.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Aug 23, 2004