    I unistalled and reinstalled FF but no help.

    what do I do?

    , Oct 15, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > with FF I used to be able to save jpegs, wav, mp3 and all files.
    > Suddenly I cannot. Don't know why.
    >
    > I still can save using Internet Explorer
    >
    > I unistalled and reinstalled FF but no help.
    >
    > what do I do?

    first stop uninstalling and reinstalling. That doesn't
    work. Your problem isn't with the program, but the FF
    profile. The profile is where all your settings, prefs,
    bookmarks, passwords, etc, are kept. The FF profile is
    separate from the program. When you uninstall, all you're
    doing is removing the program. The profile is not touched.

    Next, open the download manager [under Tools], and remove
    everything. Did this work? If not, then close the program
    and delete the file downloads.rdf from the FF profile. Did
    this work?

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 15, 2007

  3. Dan Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:10:45 -0400, wrote:

    >with FF I used to be able to save jpegs, wav, mp3 and all files.
    >Suddenly I cannot. Don't know why.
    >
    >I still can save using Internet Explorer
    >
    >I unistalled and reinstalled FF but no help.
    >
    >what do I do?

    Sounds like a well known bug, solution (PC, WinXP):

    1. Go to:

    c:\Documents and Settings\[WINDOWS USER NAME]\
    Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[xxxxxxxx.default]\

    2. Delete the following file:

    downloads.rdf

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_save_or_download_files

    Dan, Oct 15, 2007