    What should I do?
    Thanks.
    Eddie

    Edward Holub, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Edward Holub

    Biz Guest

    "Edward Holub" <@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:pbbnd.184$...
    > Hey folks,
    > I have so many DVDs that I'm stacking them horizontally on top of each
    > other, in their cases of course. I just remember someone telling me that
    > laserdiscs HAD to be stacked vertically.
    > What should I do?
    > Thanks.
    > Eddie

    Laserdiscs, like LPs were prone to warpage. DVDs are not near as prone to
    warpage if really at all.

    I recommend buying a shelf, easier to get at the disk you want instead of
    wanting the one on the bottom of pile #7

    Biz, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Edward Holub

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:33:51 GMT, "Edward Holub"
    <@sw.rr.com> wrote:

    >Hey folks,
    > I have so many DVDs that I'm stacking them horizontally on top of each
    >other, in their cases of course. I just remember someone telling me that
    >laserdiscs HAD to be stacked vertically.
    > What should I do?

    Transfer them to smaller cases that you can store vertically. Jewel
    cases or better yet, slim-jewel cases work well and take up less
    space. The inserts can be put in a drawer.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Nov 19, 2004
  4. Edward Holub

    jayembee Guest

    "Edward Holub" <@sw.rr.com> wrote:

    > I have so many DVDs that I'm stacking them horizontally
    > on top of each other, in their cases of course. I just
    > remember someone telling me that laserdiscs HAD to be
    > stacked vertically.

    The cardboard sleeves for LDs didn't provide a lot of support.
    The keepcases for DVDs do. DVDs are also a lot lighter than
    LDs, so there isn't as much pressure being applied to discs
    farther down in the stack.

    However, I've learned from experience that even keepcases
    can buckle (snappers are a lost cause -- if you *must* stack
    DVDs, try to keep the snappers up at the top).

    > What should I do?

    Acquire more shelving.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 19, 2004
  5. Edward Holub

    Patrick Neve Guest

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, jayembee wrote:
    > "Edward Holub" <@sw.rr.com> wrote:
    > > What should I do?

    > Acquire more shelving.

    I put all mine in slimlines, label the spines, and put the cases in
    storage. Also, dresser units with five or more drawers give you about
    the most storage per floorspace foot.

    Patrick Neve, Nov 19, 2004
  6. Edward Holub

    Edward Holub Guest