Help: Camcorder s-video to DVD external Please

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Harpocrates, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. Harpocrates

    Harpocrates Guest

    I haven't any experience with burning DVD's and my father is having a
    problem copying videos from a digital camcorder to an HP DC5000
    external DVD (s-video to s-video).

    I have not seen any of the actual attempts so there may be gaps. I
    assume there must be a method of instructing the HP to start recording
    upon receipt of an s-video signal. I'm told that is not so obvious.

    To my knowledge he is using both DVD+R and DVD+RW media.

    Questions:

    1. Is it possible to do this without the use of a video capture
    card without going through the PC?

    2. Any recommendations for DVD software that will enable a
    successful transfer? It's not clear the HP software will permit this.
    Why I can't imagine.

    Thanks in advance.
    Harpocrates, Jan 11, 2005