    find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller. I deleted many files, and
    the C drive shows no change in size.

    I did scandisk and found no error. Appreciate some real help!
    Good, Oct 27, 2006

  2. Good wrote:

    > I have a gateway notebook with win XP home edition. Two days ago, I
    > did a disk cleanup. It showed 11GB was cleaned or removed, but in the
    > end I find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller.

    What does that mean? Do you mean the amount of free space was 10GB less than
    it had been.

    What were the 11GB that was cleaned or removed?

    > I deleted many
    > files, and the C drive shows no change in size.

    Deleting files puts them in the recycle bin, and no disk space is saved
    until you empty the recycle bin. Did you do that?

    Please reply to the newsgroup
    Ken Blake, MVP, Oct 27, 2006

  3. You do not really need to post such a simple question to so many
    newsgroups!
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England

    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry Cornell, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Good

    Good Guest

    of course, I deleted all files from Recyle Bin. The C drive still shows
    no change. I also mentioned diskclean. It cleand/removed permanently 11
    GB, but on contrary, C drive had 10 GB less after diskcleaning. I also
    deleted 20 GB other files, but no change in C drive size.

    now I think this was probably due to a Rollback software I installed a
    month ago. I tried to uninstall it. It caused more problem. operating
    system not found.

    Shall I use the XP operating CD now to reinstall the operating system?
    Will it cause files be lost?

    Good, Oct 27, 2006
  5. Good

    Good, Oct 27, 2006
  6. Good

    TruDatNigga Guest

    I've got an idea.....why don't you post the same thing 3 "more" times.

    TruDatNigga, Oct 28, 2006
  7. Good

    Larry Crites Guest

    Especially, not that many times!