    find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller. I deleted many files, and
    the C drive shows the same size.

    I did scandisk and found no error. Appreciate some real help!

    Good, Oct 27, 2006

  2. Good

    Flyer Guest

    "Good" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a gateway notebook with win XP home edition. Two days ago, I did
    > a disk cleanup. It showed 11GB was cleaned or removed, but in the end I
    > find my C drive become about 10 GB smaller. I deleted many files, and
    > the C drive shows the same size.
    >
    > I did scandisk and found no error. Appreciate some real help!

    empty the recycle bin ;-)

    Flyer, Oct 27, 2006

  3. Good

    AJR Guest

    Good - you stated installing "Rollback" software - Name please and that you
    "tried" to uninstall - evidently you were not successful and it is source of
    the problem - suggest you do not reinstall XP - problem would probably still
    exist. BTW - your posts are getting through - you may be getting an
    indication that they are not - post once only.

    AJR, Oct 28, 2006
  4. Good

    CJ Guest

    Thanks. first, the google is too slow and I have to click many times
    and now I cannot post in the other account due to the post limit.

    I installed a Rollback software. I forgot its name, but it may be
    Rollback RX software.

    I tried to uninstall it today. During the uninstallation, I choose go
    back to current system (which it asked me go back to which stage) after
    uninstallation. When the computer restarted, the Rollback software
    shows "configuring" 1%....... Since it was so slow, and I had to use
    the computer, I pushed the manual restart button on the computer while
    the computer still shows Rollback "configuring" 40%... Now it shows
    Operating System not found.

    Please help to fix. I do not want to lose any files. Shall I put in
    the windows XP system CD now to reinstall XP? Will this wipe out my
    data?

    CJ, Oct 28, 2006
  5. Could you mean Norton Go Back?
    http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=sp&pvid=ngb40

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England

    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry Cornell, Oct 28, 2006
  6. Good

    CJ Guest

    I am 100% certain it is Rollback Rx. It has a red cross with 4 blue
    curved cross sign around it. but I am not sure which version. I just
    downloaded 1.5 months ago from download.com and it probably is the
    Rollback Rx Professsional software.

    thanks

    CJ, Oct 28, 2006
  7. Good

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "CJ" <> wrote in message
    >I am 100% certain it is Rollback Rx. It has a red cross with 4 blue
    > curved cross sign around it. but I am not sure which version. I just
    > downloaded 1.5 months ago from download.com and it probably is the
    > Rollback Rx Professsional software.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Gerry Cornell wrote:
    >> Could you mean Norton Go Back?
    >> http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=sp&pvid=ngb40
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Hope this helps.
    >>
    >> Gerry
    >> ~~~~
    >> FCA
    >> Stourport, England
    >>
    >> Enquire, plan and execute
    >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >>
    >> "CJ" <> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks. first, the google is too slow and I have to click many times
    >> > and now I cannot post in the other account due to the post limit.
    >> >
    >> > I installed a Rollback software. I forgot its name, but it may be
    >> > Rollback RX software.
    >> >
    >> > I tried to uninstall it today. During the uninstallation, I choose go
    >> > back to current system (which it asked me go back to which stage) after
    >> > uninstallation. When the computer restarted, the Rollback software
    >> > shows "configuring" 1%....... Since it was so slow, and I had to use
    >> > the computer, I pushed the manual restart button on the computer while
    >> > the computer still shows Rollback "configuring" 40%... Now it shows
    >> > Operating System not found.
    >> >
    >> > Please help to fix. I do not want to lose any files. Shall I put in
    >> > the windows XP system CD now to reinstall XP? Will this wipe out my
    >> > data?

    Can you find a reference to it in "Add/Remove Programs" in "Control
    Panel"? If so, remove it from there. Can you find where it backed up a/all
    restore point(s) to? If so, delete it(them)--NOT System Restore's Backup!!!
    Look in Program Files inWindows Explorer. Do you find its (remaining)
    files?
    One more idea: thinking "back inside the box", why not re-download and
    re-install the application right atop itself? When asked if u wish to
    continue re-installing it in the same place, answer "Yes". When completely
    installed, you can now find at least one of these: (1) an uninstall file
    which should remove it properly--BE PATIENT or (2) a reference to it in the
    Add/Remove Programs from where you can remove the total program. Such a
    program should ask, while it is uninstalling, if you wish to save its
    restore point(s) or whatever it calls them ( like 'antibiotics'???). You
    need to answer whatever is applicable to tell it to get rid of them. HTH &
    good luck. s

    sdlomi2, Oct 28, 2006
  8. Good

    RJK Guest

    I see that further down this thread there is a reference to Norton Bloatware
    !

    ....so...have you got Norton's secondary recycle bin in use ? - if so EMPTY
    IT and TURN IT OFF !

    regards, Richard

    RJK, Oct 29, 2006