    doesn't dump it and
    Norton doesn't "see" it!
    Thanks in advance
    lisa10, Sep 28, 2003

  2. lisa10

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 06:44:15 -0700, lisa10 wrote:

    >My browser's settings are being overwritten by
    >www.202search.com
    >which is "NavShop" browser. It's a parasite with
    >an active x. I can't find
    >it in a search in order to delete it. My spybot
    >doesn't dump it and
    >Norton doesn't "see" it!
    >Thanks in advance

    Which Spyware program are you running? If you're not running these, you should
    be, if it is indeed a parasite:

    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22262,00.asp
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    Particularly this one:

    http://www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1626/spywareblastersetup.exe

    --
    If it adjusts their attitude towards the desired goal, then it's a LART,
    even if it doesn't leave blood stains." -- Paul Tomblin
    Mara, Sep 28, 2003

  3. lisa10

    Rob Guest

    VIsit:
    http://www.techhowto.org/spyware.html
    if you need step by step instructions.

    --
    Rob B

    Rob, Sep 28, 2003
  4. lisa10

    °Mike° Guest

    Install HijackThis and post the contents of the log here.

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 06:44:15 -0700, in
    <SABdb.4043$hp5.3766@fed1read04>
    lisa10 scrawled:

    >My browser's settings are being overwritten by
    >www.202search.com
    >which is "NavShop" browser. It's a parasite with
    >an active x. I can't find
    >it in a search in order to delete it. My spybot
    >doesn't dump it and
    >Norton doesn't "see" it!
    >Thanks in advance

    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 29, 2003
  5. lisa10

    dawn tomalin Guest

    look at which web sites you have been visiting or if you are running a peer
    2 peer program suck as kazaa or napster they get there funds from this sort
    of activity log on to your browser and click on tools then option then click
    on current that should sort it for you

    dawn tomalin, Oct 23, 2003
  6. lisa10

    Boomer Guest

    dawn tomalin, <> wrote:

    > look at which web sites you have been visiting or if you are
    > running a peer 2 peer program suck as kazaa or napster they get
    > there funds from this sort of activity log on to your browser
    > and click on tools then option then click on current that should
    > sort it for you

    Why are you telling this to Mike?

    Boomer, Oct 23, 2003