    The one time i did get into safe mode I reinstalled the video card
    drivers this didn't help.

    Any help appreciated Paul

    Paul H, May 1, 2005

  2. Paul H

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    Paul H took 14 lines to utter:

    >I can't start my PC, I'm getting so far with startup then i get a blue
    >screen saying, A problem has been found window wil shut down.
    >It says Check if you need a bios update or disable bios memory options
    >such as caching or shadowing.
    >i can't find any reference to these items in the bios.
    >The error ref is, STOP:
    >0X0000008E(0XC0000005,0X8056E2A2,0AF8188988,0X00000000)
    >Problem started this morning when monitor started flickering.
    >Also having trouble getting into safe mode, I'm pressing F8 and
    >getting the option of starting in safe mode but the it freezes.
    >The one time i did get into safe mode I reinstalled the video card
    >drivers this didn't help.
    >
    >Any help appreciated Paul

    Check/replace your RAM; sounds like you have a bad module.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 1, 2005

  3. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 18:46:22 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >In <>,
    > Paul H took 14 lines to utter:
    >
    >>I can't start my PC, I'm getting so far with startup then i get a blue
    >>screen saying, A problem has been found window wil shut down.
    >>It says Check if you need a bios update or disable bios memory options
    >>such as caching or shadowing.
    >>i can't find any reference to these items in the bios.
    >>The error ref is, STOP:
    >>0X0000008E(0XC0000005,0X8056E2A2,0AF8188988,0X00000000)
    >>Problem started this morning when monitor started flickering.
    >>Also having trouble getting into safe mode, I'm pressing F8 and
    >>getting the option of starting in safe mode but the it freezes.
    >>The one time i did get into safe mode I reinstalled the video card
    >>drivers this didn't help.
    >>
    >>Any help appreciated Paul

    >Check/replace your RAM; sounds like you have a bad module.

    Managed to start in safe mode, how do I go about checking RAM?

    Paul H, May 1, 2005
  4. Paul H

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    Paul H took 24 lines to utter:

    >On Sun, 01 May 2005 18:46:22 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In <>,
    >> Paul H took 14 lines to utter:
    >>
    >>>I can't start my PC, I'm getting so far with startup then i get a blue
    >>>screen saying, A problem has been found window wil shut down.
    >>>It says Check if you need a bios update or disable bios memory options
    >>>such as caching or shadowing.
    >>>i can't find any reference to these items in the bios.
    >>>The error ref is, STOP:
    >>>0X0000008E(0XC0000005,0X8056E2A2,0AF8188988,0X00000000)
    >>>Problem started this morning when monitor started flickering.
    >>>Also having trouble getting into safe mode, I'm pressing F8 and
    >>>getting the option of starting in safe mode but the it freezes.
    >>>The one time i did get into safe mode I reinstalled the video card
    >>>drivers this didn't help.
    >>>
    >>>Any help appreciated Paul

    >>Check/replace your RAM; sounds like you have a bad module.

    >Managed to start in safe mode, how do I go about checking RAM?

    With either WinDiag or DocMemory
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
    http://www.docmemory.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 2, 2005
  5. Paul H

    PaulH Guest

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 20:10:40 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >In <>,
    > Paul H took 24 lines to utter:
    >
    >>On Sun, 01 May 2005 18:46:22 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>In <>,
    >>> Paul H took 14 lines to utter:

    >>>Check/replace your RAM; sounds like you have a bad module.

    >>Managed to start in safe mode, how do I go about checking RAM?

    >With either WinDiag or DocMemory
    >http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
    >http://www.docmemory.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

    Thanks for your help
    After I started in safe mode I ran system restore and managed to get a
    full restart but with the screen still flickering quite badly.
    I then ran Kaspersky, which found 4 viruses (java\deployment\cache
    stuff).
    Its all working ok now. Fingers crossed
    I ran WinDiag and it found no problems.

    Cheers Paul

    PaulH, May 2, 2005
  6. Paul H

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    PaulH took 44 lines to utter:

    >On Mon, 02 May 2005 20:10:40 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:

    <snip>

    >>With either WinDiag or DocMemory
    >>http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
    >>http://www.docmemory.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

    >Thanks for your help
    >After I started in safe mode I ran system restore and managed to get a
    >full restart but with the screen still flickering quite badly.
    >I then ran Kaspersky, which found 4 viruses (java\deployment\cache
    >stuff).
    >Its all working ok now. Fingers crossed
    >I ran WinDiag and it found no problems.
    >
    >Cheers Paul

    You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 3, 2005
  7. Paul H

    Paulx1x

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    how to fix it!

    I swear no one actually posts the correct solution in these threads because once they have found the solution... they dont need to come to these threats anymore! im saying this because i normally do the same thing!haha. But this time im not gonna.

    I had exact same problem, I went to my manufactor's website and everything they suggested such as reseting to ram, testing the hard drive etc didnt work.

    The code i had come up on the blue screen looks exact same as yours and as my hard drive test passed (ran by hitting f8 i think on start up, under diagnostic) it meant it was sumthing wrong with my operating system, either the operating system was currupt or a file or appliction was currupt. So I had to run a system restore. As my laptop wouldnt even start up normally or in safe mode I had to do it though f10 i think it was when startin up my laptop. Within this it gives an option to restore back to a certain date where my system had been updated or sumthing. in my case it was a windows update i downloaded about a month ago. I done that and it was very simple and now its all working again.

    I couldnt find the solution to this error blue screen message any where apart from my manufactor's website- the best advise is to go there and they can help you the most- expecially when u put in ur pruduct numbers etc so it relates speciffically to your computer. I ended up phoning them aswell just to make sure I done everything right step by step.

    Do this and u should get it sorted.

    Paulx1x, Jul 9, 2007
  8. Paul H

    Paulx1x

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    actually...

    actually may have been f11 to do system restore... look it up in ur manual or website so cheak. and by the way.. im on VISTA

    Paulx1x, Jul 9, 2007
  9. Paul H

    Paulx1x

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    oops... just read Pauls solution. Well my solution is for when you cant get into safe mode

    Paulx1x, Jul 9, 2007