    show :"quarantine failed;clean failed: access denied". Tried to delete
    the registry entries and they appear over and over again :<<

    Please help!!!
    NDDrew, Feb 13, 2004

  2. NDDrew

    Dan Shea Guest

    On 13 Feb 2004 10:02:30 -0800, (NDDrew) wrote:

    >Recently scanned my home computer (WIN2K SP2, behind a router) with
    >TrendMicro Housecall and found it got the Backdoor Coreflood trojan.
    >
    >Tried to clean with Trend's online clean and Nortan AV and they both
    >show :"quarantine failed;clean failed: access denied". Tried to delete
    >the registry entries and they appear over and over again :<<
    >
    >Please help!!!

    The virus monitors the registry and will re-create that entry if
    necessary. Follow the instructions at the Symantec website for
    removing this beastie. You didn't specify which variant, but see here
    for the original Coreflood.

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.coreflood.html

    Cheers,
    dan