    download it from Cisco's website. WTF?

    Anyone else run into this wall? Or do I just have to buy a Cisco
    support contract?
    essenz, Jan 6, 2009

  2. essenz

    alexd Guest

    essenz wrote:

    > This really pisses me off. I am entitled to this software, yet I can't
    > download it from Cisco's website. WTF?

    What makes you think you're entitled to it?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:19:01 up 32 days, 22:31, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00
    alexd, Jan 6, 2009

  3. essenz <> writes:
    >This really annoys me. I just bought a brand new ASA 5505 from CDW.
    >The CD that comes with it is like over a year old and it doesn't have
    >the latest VPN Client software versions, in particular the VPN Client
    >for Vista 64-bit.

    What VPN client for Vista 64-bit?
    Cisco doesn't have one.
    They only give you the use of AnyConnect VPN client, which downloads
    via SSL from the ASA box itself onto the client.

    >I tried contacting Cisco, but got nowhere since I dont have a support
    >contract.

    If you just bought it, you should have an initial period of support? I
    don't know what you get on the ASA line, but other products typically
    offer 90 days of support.

    That doesn't entitle you to software updates though.

    >This really pisses me off. I am entitled to this software, yet I can't
    >download it from Cisco's website. WTF?

    Only getting SmartNet entitles you to software updates? How are your
    license terms different than others?
    Its less than $100/year for this box from CDW anyway.

    >Anyone else run into this wall? Or do I just have to buy a Cisco
    >support contract?

    Well, first problem is that you are expecting something that doesn't
    exist...

    Read up on the lit at Cisco's site about AnyConnect VPN client first.
    Doug McIntyre, Jan 6, 2009