Help Appreciated!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Andrea, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Hello,

    Hoping someone might be kind enough to help with a problem that has
    been plaguing me for months.

    I use a Windows ME operating system. I am attempting to place an
    advertisement on a website. The site has blocked me. In an attempt
    to circumvent the block, I have experimented with several different
    programs. The primary one, Anonymizer, boasts the ability to hide
    your operating system through proxy servers, filter javascript, and
    encrypt cookies, as well as your ISP Address. I've also used an
    ecrypted e-mail program and others similar to the Anonymixer (i.e.
    MegaProxy). Unfortunately, none have worked.

    I believe that my ISP has placed a permanent cookie on my hard drive.
    I think this cookie is read by the site I am attempting to place an
    advertisement on, regardless of the filtering program I use. I would
    like to know how to delete this permanent cookie, so I may again
    access this website.

    I phoned my ISP Provider, and they informed me that I have a Dynamic
    IP Address. Do I receive a new permanent cookie each time my IP
    Address changes? Or is it the same cookie provided by my ISP (Cox
    Communications)? They said that my IP Address changes about once a
    month, rather than each time I log on to the Internet.

    * What is the best browser to use (most secure, encrypted)? I
    currently use Internet Explorer.
    * Does unplugging the cable modem, and then re-plugging it, reset the
    permanent cookie?
    * Can the expiry dates in permanent cookies be changed?
    * Is any software available the blocks a site's ability to set a
    permanent cookie?
    * How may I delete the permanent cookie?

    An acquaintance who works for Microsoft mentioned that the problem may
    lie in my computer registry. Is there something I need to change, to
    prevent the site from identifying me?

    If it is not a permanant cookie is not the cause of my problem,
    perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. I've even
    re-installed Windows ME, and it still has not worked.

    Thanks in advance,
    Andrea
    Andrea, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Andrea

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:42:08 -0800, Andrea <> scribbled:

    >I've even re-installed Windows ME, and it still has not worked.

    That's a shitload of work to spam a website that
    obviously doesn't want you. Why not take the
    hint and **** off?

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Andrea

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:42:08 -0800, in
    <>
    Andrea scrawled:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Hoping someone might be kind enough to help with a problem that has
    >been plaguing me for months.
    >
    >I use a Windows ME operating system. I am attempting to place an
    >advertisement on a website. The site has blocked me. In an attempt
    >to circumvent the block,

    Why would you do that? They have obviously blocked you,
    or your ISP for a reason.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Andrea

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Andrea said:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Hoping someone might be kind enough to help with a problem that has
    > been plaguing me for months.

    At last, a spammer that is getting plagued.

    Sell your pc, you obviously know nothing about computers or the internet and
    their workings.

    Not to mention not knowing how a webmaster can ban you from their site.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    You are mistaken; I was not spamming the site. This is a shared
    system. But this is the response I thought I would receive.
    Unfortunately, it is rare to find someone technically savvy enough to
    respond to my query.

    A.On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:29:40 -0000, "Brian H¹©"

    Andrea, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Andrea

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Andrea said:

    > You are mistaken; I was not spamming the site. This is a shared
    > system. But this is the response I thought I would receive.
    > Unfortunately, it is rare to find someone technically savvy enough to
    > respond to my query.

    1. You are using a really crap platform, Win ME.
    2. Webmasters use logs and statistics to weed out abusers, some block by your
    IP, others block by your e-mail address.

    What has a shared system got to do with what *you* are trying to do?

    And I should point out that you are suffering from blackpotkettle syndrome, you
    are knocking the technical savvy of those that know far more than yourself.
    Now go away and e-mail the admin of the site that you want to post to and ask
    them why you can't reach their pages.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 10, 2003
  7. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    >>And I should point out that you are suffering from blackpotkettle syndrome, you
    are knocking the technical savvy of those that know far more than
    yourself.
    Now go away and e-mail the admin of the site that you want to post to
    and ask
    them why you can't reach their pages.<<

    Brian,

    If you are technically savvy, then I'm certain you must have an answer
    to my problem. I'm always willing to learn something new.

    A.

    Andrea, Dec 11, 2003
  8. Andrea

    Boomer Guest

    Andrea <> wrote in

    >>>And I should point out that you are suffering from blackpotkettle
    >>>syndrome, you

    > are knocking the technical savvy of those that know far more than
    > yourself.
    > Now go away and e-mail the admin of the site that you want to post
    > to and ask
    > them why you can't reach their pages.<<
    >
    > Brian,
    >
    > If you are technically savvy, then I'm certain you must have an
    > answer to my problem. I'm always willing to learn something new.
    >
    > A.
    >

    >>Andrea said:
    >>
    >>> You are mistaken; I was not spamming the site. This is a shared
    >>> system. But this is the response I thought I would receive.
    >>> Unfortunately, it is rare to find someone technically savvy
    >>> enough to respond to my query.

    >>1. You are using a really crap platform, Win ME.
    >>2. Webmasters use logs and statistics to weed out abusers, some
    >>block by your IP, others block by your e-mail address.
    >>
    >>What has a shared system got to do with what *you* are trying to
    >>do?
    >>
    >>And I should point out that you are suffering from blackpotkettle
    >>syndrome, you are knocking the technical savvy of those that know
    >>far more than yourself. Now go away and e-mail the admin of the
    >>site that you want to post to and ask them why you can't reach
    >>their pages.

    He did.

    Boomer, Dec 11, 2003
  9. Andrea

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Andrea said:

    >>> And I should point out that you are suffering from blackpotkettle syndrome,
    >>> you

    > are knocking the technical savvy of those that know far more than
    > yourself.
    > Now go away and e-mail the admin of the site that you want to post to
    > and ask
    > them why you can't reach their pages.<<
    >
    > Brian,
    >
    > If you are technically savvy, then I'm certain you must have an answer
    > to my problem. I'm always willing to learn something new.
    >
    > A.

    I already answered your question.
    Webmasters use logs and stats to keep track of what goes on on their site.
    Some will block your IP, others will block your e-mail address.
    I also told you to e-mail the sites admin and ask if there is a reason for you
    to be blocked.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 11, 2003
  10. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Post-Script

    *If Windows ME is a "crap" platform, is there another you might
    recommend?

    * I've used anonymous email addresses, as well as several proxy
    servers to hide my IP, as expressed in my initial post. If
    webmasters use logs and statistics to identify users via their email
    and IP Address (as noted in your response), then perhaps you might
    offer a suggestion as to how they are still able to track a user. Or
    is another method at work?

    Andrea, Dec 11, 2003
  11. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Still hoping for an answer, Boomer. Perhaps you have one.

    A.
    Andrea, Dec 11, 2003
  12. Andrea

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Andrea said:

    > Still hoping for an answer, Boomer. Perhaps you have one.
    >
    > A.

    CONTACT THE SITES ADMIN AND ASK WHY YOU CAN'T ACCESS.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 11, 2003
  13. Andrea

    Boomer Guest

    Andrea <> wrote in

    > Still hoping for an answer, Boomer. Perhaps you have one.
    >
    > A.

    Not for what you are trying to do.

    <Quote>
    I am attempting to place an
    advertisement on a website. The site has blocked me. In an attempt
    to circumvent the block, I have experimented with several different
    programs.
    </Quote>
    Boomer, Dec 11, 2003
  14. Andrea

    bb3 Guest

    "Andrea" <> wrote in message
    > Still hoping for an answer, Boomer. Perhaps you have one.
    >
    > A.

    For the love of Bob, what do you not understand about "e-mail the admin
    bb3, Dec 11, 2003
  15. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Brian,

    *If Windows ME is a "crap" platform, perhaps you might recommend a
    better choice?

    * I've used several anonymous email addresses, as well as various
    proxy servers to hide my IP, as noted in my intial post. If
    webmasters use logs and statistics to identify a user's IP and email
    address, I am unsure how they are tracking the system I use. Maybe
    there is another way, aside from what you have listed?

    Thanks,
    Andrea
    Andrea, Dec 11, 2003
  16. Andrea

    Boomer Guest

    Andrea <> wrote in

    > Brian,
    >
    > *If Windows ME is a "crap" platform, perhaps you might recommend a
    > better choice.
    >

    > * I've used several anonymous email addresses, as well as various
    > proxy servers to hide my IP, as noted in my intial post. If
    > webmasters use logs and statistics to identify a users IP and email
    > address, I am unsure how they are tracking the system I use. Maybe
    > there is another way, aside from what you have listed?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > AndreaOn Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:40:16 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    > <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>Andrea said:
    >>
    >>> Still hoping for an answer, Boomer. Perhaps you have one.
    >>>
    >>> A.

    >>CONTACT THE SITES ADMIN AND ASK WHY YOU CAN'T ACCESS.

    Just fixing the Subject line.

    Bye.
    Boomer, Dec 11, 2003
  17. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Not Sure If My Message Went Through

    Andrea, Dec 11, 2003
  18. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Don't have an answer, either, I guess. Would you recommend any other
    forums where I might find a better knowledge base?

    Andrea, Dec 11, 2003
  19. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    I got it, just thought the forum might be able to help. Brian
    indicated that there's great knowledge here.

    Thanks Anyway,

    Andrea

    Andrea, Dec 11, 2003
  20. Andrea

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Andrea said:

    > Don't have an answer, either, I guess. Would you recommend any other
    > forums where I might find a better knowledge base?

    FFS are you really that stupid, contact the bloody admin of the site and ask
    if/why you have been blocked.
    No amount of circumvention will get you past a block.
    Only grovelling and maybe the offer of sexual services.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 11, 2003