    search.
    Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good laugh at the
    moment.....Cheers.
    Annette Kurten, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Annette Kurten

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Annette Kurten said:

    > I have a Triton shower (not power) I turned it on this morning and the water
    > is coming from the little pipe under the shower, not the sprayhead, which is
    > not blocked.
    > I have been to the Triton web site, but no advice given, no N.Gs about
    > plumbing. I have googled about, but I don't know how to ask the proper
    > search.
    > Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good laugh at the
    > moment.....Cheers.

    Could you draw a picture to show just what "the little pipe under the shower"
    is?
    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Annette Kurten

    Dan Glybitz Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Triton shower (not power) I turned it on this morning and the

    water
    > is coming from the little pipe under the shower, not the sprayhead, which

    is
    > not blocked.
    > I have been to the Triton web site, but no advice given, no N.Gs about
    > plumbing. I have googled about, but I don't know how to ask the proper
    > search.
    > Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good laugh at the
    > moment.....Cheers.

    Best guess sounds like the pipe leading to the shower head has come loose.
    Probably just needs tightening, unless the pipe itself has kinked at some
    stage and developed a crack. A new one from B&Q shouldn't be more than about
    £10. HTH.

    DG.

    --
    "Do you know anything about plumbing?" I said.
    "No." She said.
    Dan Glybitz, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Brian H¹© wrote:
    :: Annette Kurten said:
    ::
    ::: I have a Triton shower (not power) I turned it on this morning and
    ::: the water is coming from the little pipe under the shower, not the
    ::: sprayhead, which is not blocked.
    ::: I have been to the Triton web site, but no advice given, no N.Gs
    ::: about plumbing. I have googled about, but I don't know how to ask
    ::: the proper search.
    ::: Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good laugh at the
    ::: moment.....Cheers.
    ::
    :: Could you draw a picture to show just what "the little pipe under
    :: the shower" is?

    Electric showers normally have one pipe going in, usually at the bottom,
    which is connected to the cold water main supply. And one pipe coming out,
    the one going to the shower head. There wouldn't be lots and lots and lots
    of water coming from the little pipe under the shower? And it comes out
    irrespective of turning the knobs on the shower?
    eric the seal, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Annette Kurten

    Brian H¹© Guest

    eric the seal said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:

    >>> Could you draw a picture to show just what "the little pipe under
    >>> the shower" is?

    > Electric showers normally have one pipe going in, usually at the bottom,

    Yep, I know that, but take another look at what she wrote, and you will see she
    said it is not a powered shower.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  6. "Dan Glybitz" <> wrote in message

    > "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Triton shower (not power) I turned it on this morning and the

    > water
    > > is coming from the little pipe under the shower, not the sprayhead,

    which
    > is
    > > not blocked.
    > > I have been to the Triton web site, but no advice given, no N.Gs about
    > > plumbing. I have googled about, but I don't know how to ask the proper
    > > search.
    > > Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good laugh at the
    > > moment.....Cheers.
    > >

    > Best guess sounds like the pipe leading to the shower head has come loose.
    > Probably just needs tightening, unless the pipe itself has kinked at some
    > stage and developed a crack. A new one from B&Q shouldn't be more than

    about
    > £10. HTH.
    >
    > DG.
    >
    > --
    > "Do you know anything about plumbing?" I said.
    > "No." She said.
    > "Well your clackett washer has perished and it needs a new lumdingo bar
    > too."

    No , the shower head is connected o.k, but there is like a small outlet pipe
    next to it. it has sometimes dripped a little in the past, but now it comes
    out like a jet...
    Annette Kurten, Feb 25, 2004
  7. "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > eric the seal said:

    > > Electric showers normally have one pipe going in, usually at the bottom,

    > Yep, I know that, but take another look at what she wrote, and you will

    see she
    > said it is not a powered shower

    Electric, but *not* a power shower.

    Annette Kurten, Feb 25, 2004
  8. "eric the seal" <> wrote in message
    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    > :: eric the seal said:
    > ::
    > ::: Brian H¹© wrote:
    > ::::: Annette Kurten said:
    > :::::
    > :::::: I have a Triton shower (not power) I turned it on this morning
    > :::::: and
    > :::::: the water is coming from the little pipe under the shower, not
    > :::::: the sprayhead, which is not blocked.
    > :::::: I have been to the Triton web site, but no advice given, no N.Gs
    > :::::: about plumbing. I have googled about, but I don't know how to ask
    > :::::: the proper search.
    > :::::: Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good laugh at
    > :::::: the moment.....Cheers.
    > :::::
    > ::::: Could you draw a picture to show just what "the little pipe under
    > ::::: the shower" is?
    > :::
    > :::
    > :::
    > ::: Electric showers normally have one pipe going in, usually at the
    > ::: bottom,
    > ::
    > :: Yep, I know that, but take another look at what she wrote, and you
    > :: will see she said it is not a powered shower.
    > ::
    > ::: which is connected to the cold water main supply. And one pipe
    > ::: coming out, the one going to the shower head. There wouldn't be
    > ::: lots and lots and lots of water coming from the little pipe under
    > ::: the shower? And it comes out irrespective of turning the knobs on
    > ::: the shower?
    >
    > I ended up with the view that she meant it wasn't a power shower (i.e.

    with
    > a pump built-in) and not an electric shower (i.e. with an electric

    heater).
    > .And I didn't think that Triton did non-electric showers...just electric
    > showers and power showers..

    CORRECT

    Annette Kurten, Feb 25, 2004
  9. Annette Kurten

    L Beck Guest

    Try posting to alt.home.repair - might find help there.

    eric the seal, Feb 25, 2004
  11. Annette Kurten

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Annette Kurten said:

    > "eric the seal" <> wrote in message

    >> I ended up with the view that she meant it wasn't a power shower (i.e. with
    >> a pump built-in) and not an electric shower (i.e. with an electric heater).
    >> .And I didn't think that Triton did non-electric showers...just electric
    >> showers and power showers..
    >>

    > CORRECT

    Is the pipe you are talking about the overflow?
    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  12. Annette Kurten

    Roger K Guest

    > "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Triton shower (not power) I turned it on this morning and the

    > water
    > > is coming from the little pipe under the shower, not the sprayhead,

    which
    > is
    > > not blocked.
    > > I have been to the Triton web site, but no advice given, no N.Gs about
    > > plumbing. I have googled about, but I don't know how to ask the proper
    > > search.
    > > Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good laugh at the
    > > moment.....Cheers.

    Sounds like the Nylex pipe which comes from the pressure relief valve. If I
    were you I'd give Triton's help line a call - 01203-372222. I've found them
    to be quite useful, and if it IS an over-pressure problem you obviously need
    more advice than jokes!
    --
    Roger
    Everything should be as simple as possible, but not simpler - Einstein
    Roger K, Feb 25, 2004
  13. "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Annette Kurten said:
    >
    > > "eric the seal" <> wrote in message

    > >> I ended up with the view that she meant it wasn't a power shower (i.e.

    with
    > >> a pump built-in) and not an electric shower (i.e. with an electric

    heater).
    > >> .And I didn't think that Triton did non-electric showers...just

    electric
    > >> showers and power showers..
    > >>

    > > CORRECT

    > Is the pipe you are talking about the overflow?

    Maybe, but it only flows when I turn shower on, and I mean flow, it comes
    out as fast as the shower head.
    Annette Kurten, Feb 25, 2004
  14. Annette Kurten wrote:
    :: "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    :: news:wL2%b.871$bJ1.391@newsfe1-win...
    ::: Annette Kurten said:
    :::
    :::: "eric the seal" <> wrote in message
    :::: news:p...
    ::::: Brian H¹© wrote:
    ::::::: eric the seal said:
    :::::::
    :::::::: Brian H¹© wrote:
    :::::::::: Annette Kurten said:
    ::::::::::
    ::::::::::: I have a Triton shower (not power) I turned it on this
    ::::::::::: morning and
    ::::::::::: the water is coming from the little pipe under the shower,
    ::::::::::: not the sprayhead, which is not blocked.
    ::::::::::: I have been to the Triton web site, but no advice given, no
    ::::::::::: N.Gs about plumbing. I have googled about, but I don't know
    ::::::::::: how to ask the proper search.
    ::::::::::: Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good
    ::::::::::: laugh at the moment.....Cheers.
    ::::::::::
    :::::::::: Could you draw a picture to show just what "the little pipe
    :::::::::: under the shower" is?
    ::::::::
    ::::::::
    ::::::::
[...]

    Sounds like this is the water pipe that is going to the shower head. Is
    there a nut on the pipe? If so, it may simply need tighening up a bit.
    eric the seal, Feb 25, 2004
  15. Annette Kurten

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Annette Kurten said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Annette Kurten said:
    >>
    >>> "eric the seal" <> wrote in message

    >>> CORRECT

    >> Is the pipe you are talking about the overflow?
    >>

    > Maybe, but it only flows when I turn shower on, and I mean flow, it comes
    > out as fast as the shower head.

    As I have shown, I am not familiar with Triton showers, but as someone has
    suggested, it could be a faulty pressure release valve (or conversly, a pressure
    release valve that is actually doing it's job properly) and the water flow is
    being redirected through the overflow pipe.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  16. Annette Kurten

    Stickems Guest

    Give Triton a call. They are very reliable. One of the few companies that
    provide an after sales service for showers.

    Stickems, Feb 25, 2004
  17. Brian H¹© wrote:
    :: Annette Kurten said:
    ::
    ::: "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
    ::: message news:wL2%b.871$bJ1.391@newsfe1-win...
    :::: Annette Kurten said:
    ::::
    ::::: "eric the seal" <> wrote in message
    ::::: news:p...
    :::::: Brian H¹© wrote:
    :::::::: eric the seal said:
    ::::::::
    ::::::::: Brian H¹© wrote:
    ::::::::::: Annette Kurten said:
    :::::::::::
    :::::::::::: I have a Triton shower (not power) I turned it on this
    :::::::::::: morning
    :::::::::::: and
    :::::::::::: the water is coming from the little pipe under the shower,
    :::::::::::: not
    :::::::::::: the sprayhead, which is not blocked.
    :::::::::::: I have been to the Triton web site, but no advice given,
    :::::::::::: no N.Gs about plumbing. I have googled about, but I don't
    :::::::::::: know how to ask the proper search.
    :::::::::::: Any ideas? yes and the funny ones too, as I need a good
    :::::::::::: laugh at
    :::::::::::: the moment.....Cheers.
    :::::::::::
    ::::::::::: Could you draw a picture to show just what "the little pipe
    ::::::::::: under
    ::::::::::: the shower" is?
    :::::::::
    :::::::::
    :::::::::
    ::::::::: Electric showers normally have one pipe going in, usually at
    ::::::::: the bottom,
    ::::::::
    :::::::: Yep, I know that, but take another look at what she wrote, and
    :::::::: you
    :::::::: will see she said it is not a powered shower.
    ::::::::
    ::::::::: which is connected to the cold water main supply. And one pipe
    ::::::::: coming out, the one going to the shower head. There wouldn't
    ::::::::: be
    ::::::::: lots and lots and lots of water coming from the little pipe
    ::::::::: under
    ::::::::: the shower? And it comes out irrespective of turning the
    ::::::::: knobs on
    ::::::::: the shower?
    ::::::
[...]

    You have me convinced! I seem to know less about electric showers than
    you...but it all makes sense now...
    eric the seal, Feb 25, 2004
  18. "eric the seal" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    > :::::: non-electric showers...just electric showers and power showers..
    > ::::::
    > ::::: CORRECT
    > ::::
    > :::: Is the pipe you are talking about the overflow?
    > ::::
    > ::: Maybe, but it only flows when I turn shower on, and I mean flow, it
    > ::: comes
    > ::: out as fast as the shower head.
    > ::
    > :: As I have shown, I am not familiar with Triton showers, but as
    > :: someone has suggested, it could be a faulty pressure release valve
    > :: (or conversly, a pressure release valve that is actually doing it's
    > :: job properly) and the water flow is being redirected through the
    > :: overflow pipe.
    >
    > You have me convinced! I seem to know less about electric showers than

    This is impossible, somone has e,mailed me with the customer service line
    and the price of the replacement faulty pressure release valve £8.60
    Thanx to you all.
    I am still a bit miffed how someone emailed me..

    Annette Kurten, Feb 25, 2004
  19. Annette Kurten

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Annette Kurten said:

    (snip)

    > This is impossible, somone has e,mailed me with the customer service line
    > and the price of the replacement faulty pressure release valve £8.60
    > Thanx to you all.
    > I am still a bit miffed how someone emailed me..

    Because you are using a real e-mail address even though you have it munged.
    And as you know, if someone can do something, they will.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  20. Annette Kurten

    trout Guest

    Annette Kurten wrote:
    <snip>

    > This is impossible, somone has e,mailed me with the customer service
    > line and the price of the replacement faulty pressure release valve
    > £8.60 Thanx to you all.
    > I am still a bit miffed how someone emailed me..

    I'm not familiar with that type of shower head; but like any sort of
    plumbing fixture, it may just be an inexpensive washer or gasket that
    needs to be replaced, rather than the valve itself.
    And, out of curiosity; if you don't wish people to be able to email
    you (I know, I certainly don't), why do you use a 'munged' valid address
    instead of a fictitious one?
    --
    "Is that not allowed by your server?"
    trout, Feb 26, 2004