help/agp slot

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by doS, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. doS

    doS Guest

    doS, Nov 28, 2004

  2. doS

    Thor Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    news:ZDbqd.7355$...
    > http://www.ixbt.com/mainboard/images/roundup-i845pe/d845pebt2-board.jpg
    >
    > Look carefully at the agp slot,(brown) see the little clip at the
    > end(pointing toward the bottom of the photo). Ever saw one of these, it
    > helps hold the card in..how do I remove the card as this clip holds the
    > card?

    see the little tab at the end of the clip? You gently pull that back, and
    lift the card up out of the socket. You can see when you pull the tab back,
    that it pulls the little tooth out of the notch in the card, so you can pull
    the card out.
    Thor, Nov 28, 2004

  3. doS

    doS Guest

    Thanks!!!
    I would just push it to the right, as in the picture?

    doS, Nov 28, 2004
  4. doS

    Thor Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks!!!
    > I would just push it to the right, as in the picture?

    looking at the picture, you would pull the tab away towards the LEFT. That
    pulls it out of the notch in the card. Pushing it to the right is pushing
    the lock into the card. When the board is mounted in a case, and sitting
    upright, you would be pulling the tab downward.
    Thor, Nov 28, 2004
  5. doS

    doS Guest

    Thanks for your help.