HELP, after Windows UPdate, weird networking

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Carol, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. Carol

    Carol Guest

    I don't even know how to explain this. When I open my windows explore and
    click the My Network Places, I can see the computer I'm on and one of the 3
    others on my wireless network (all of which were connected fine an hour ago)
    I can click on the shared folders of the one other computer in the My
    Network Places list, but when I click on Entire Network/ Microsoft Windows
    Network/Workgroup I get a message that I can't connect, may not have
    authorization. Of course I am administrator on all and as I mentioned above,
    I had no problem before the last set of windows auto updates and I can get
    onto one computer , even though I can't see the list of connected computers.
    In my router tools I can see that all the computers are connected. I don't
    know what else to check. My Network connections says I'm connected to the
    correct workgroup and I can get onto the internet... just not my network
    (except for the one computer)
    Does anyone have any idea of what I'm trying to explain and what I need to
    do to get this thing to show my network and the connected computers and have
    access to the shared folder and printers?
    Carol

    Carol, Dec 27, 2005