    something in the motherboard. The USBs are not working. On 32bit it all works
    fine.

    I was hoping if anyone could help me? Thanks Anthony
    =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=, Oct 6, 2005

  2. No, its simply a driver issue and support under Windows XP Professional x64
    edition. In the case of the modem, you will encounter issues with support
    for USB Modems.

    You are best off just purchasing one thats known to be compatible.
    Here are some alternatives to invest in:

    http://www.smlink.com/objects/SLA56-V4.20.01-MV-XP64Bit.zip

    Smart link has drivers for their modems, maybe you want to consider
    purchasing one from them. The US Robotics 5810 ran perfectly out of the box.

    The same for the web cam, its best you try getting in touch with the
    manufacturer of it for any available drivers. Which brand is it?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 6, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You were referred to the best site to find drivers. If you couldn't find
    any there, odds are there aren't any. Very few USB devices have 64-bit
    drivers at this point.

    John Barnes, Oct 6, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Suter" <> wrote in message
    >I recently asked help for drivers but I didn't have any luck... I built my
    > computer and don't have much knowledge about software.
    >
    > I installed XP 64bit all works fine but I have a problem about installing
    > anything else, like my modem (on USB) the computer won't detect my webcam
    > after I install it etc. etc. I recon the problem has to lie in the drivers
    > or
    > something in the motherboard. The USBs are not working. On 32bit it all
    > works
    > fine.
    >
    > I was hoping if anyone could help me? Thanks Anthony

    You must find 64 bit drivers for your hardware; if the hardware
    manufacturer does not provide them, then you'll have to acquire hardware
    that does.

    I know of no webcam with 64 bit drivers. You *must* install the 64 bit
    processor driver and the motherboard chipset drivers to get your ports
    working.

    Without installing the chipset and processor drivers, it is no wonder you
    are having problems.

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Oct 6, 2005
  5. Thanks for all your help. But with Bobbys message...
    I got some CD's with the motherboard and after I install XP 64 I try to
    install the CDs. Its a ASUS motherboard and it detects I am running a 64bit
    xp. Wha thappens is I lose a few installations. And on one CD it doesnt
    autorun. It doesnt work at all if you try to click on setup, it won't install
    or anything and Im pretty sure thats the CD I need to install.

    It all works fine on 32bit I went back to it so I know it isnt a hardware
    problem.
    Im just installing XP 64 again and Im on a laptop so I could tell you whats
    happening as I try to install things?

    (You might have noticed Im not the smartest guy lol) Thank, Anthony
    =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=, Oct 6, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=

    VWWall Guest

    Suter wrote:
    > Thanks for all your help. But with Bobbys message...
    > I got some CD's with the motherboard and after I install XP 64 I try to
    > install the CDs. Its a ASUS motherboard and it detects I am running a 64bit
    > xp. Wha thappens is I lose a few installations. And on one CD it doesnt
    > autorun. It doesnt work at all if you try to click on setup, it won't install
    > or anything and Im pretty sure thats the CD I need to install.

    The BIOS detects the 64bit CPU, but has no knowledge of the operating
    system that you are loading.

    The CDs that came with the MB probably contain 32bit drivers only. You
    need to go to the ASUS site, and under your MB, look for 64bit drivers.
    With my MSI K8MM, I had to go to the via site, (the chip-set maker), as
    MSI was not up-to-date. You may need a 64bit video card driver as well.

    > It all works fine on 32bit I went back to it so I know it isnt a hardware
    > problem.

    You'll need a working system to DL the drivers. Copy them to a CD and
    install them in Win x64 just as you would the 32bit ones in a 32bit OS.

    Tell us exactly which ASUS MB you're using as well as which video card,
    and we can aim you in the right direction. :)

    --
    Virg Wall
    VWWall, Oct 6, 2005
  7. Thanks :) Im using a A8N-E motherboard and a MSI Video Graphics Accelerator
    If that makes any sense to you? Ive got a Gainward graphics card but I dont
    think that is what you are after?

    Just to tell you Ive finished installing XP64 and Ive installed a few
    drivers (Faster VGA driver, Nvidia Chipset Drriver Program, Realtek ALC850
    Driver)

    And I thinks thats it at the moment. Nothing else wants to auto run.
    Mentioning the 64bit drivers might not me on my CD's, theres a file with all
    operating systems. One with 64bit but theres only 3 files in there and
    nothing helpful??

    I hope I can get somewhere rather than getting annoyed :p Thanks, Anthony
    =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=, Oct 6, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=

    VWWall Guest

    Suter wrote:
    > Thanks :) Im using a A8N-E motherboard and a MSI Video Graphics Accelerator
    > If that makes any sense to you? Ive got a Gainward graphics card but I dont
    > think that is what you are after?

    You will need a 64bit driver for that card. Again, knowing the graphics
    "engine" used will help! (The Devil's in the details!)

    Here is the site for the latest drivers for that board:

    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A8N-E

    > Just to tell you Ive finished installing XP64 and Ive installed a few
    > drivers (Faster VGA driver, Nvidia Chipset Drriver Program, Realtek ALC850
    > Driver)

    According to the above, you need V 6.65 drivers for the nVidia chip set.

    nVidia Chipset(CK804) 64 bit driver version V6.65 for Windows XP
    64bit(WHQL) 30.99MBytes

    The on-board audio driver is: (From the same page.)

    Realtek AC97 64-bit audio driver v5.10.00.5830 (WHQL) 12.35MB

    or the beta version:

    Realtek AC97 64-bit audio driver v5.10.00.5830 (WHQL) 26.21MB

    > And I thinks thats it at the moment. Nothing else wants to auto run.

    These won't auto-run. You install them by "aiming" the Windows install
    program at the folder and file you DL'd, where it should find a .inf
    file to do the install.

    > Mentioning the 64bit drivers might not me on my CD's, theres a file with all
    > operating systems. One with 64bit but theres only 3 files in there and
    > nothing helpful??

    Check with the above for the latest. CDs in MB packages are often way
    behind.

    > I hope I can get somewhere rather than getting annoyed :p Thanks, Anthony

    Hang in there! :)

    --
    Virg Wall
    VWWall, Oct 7, 2005
  9. Sorry about the late reply.. Im not sure if I can find the graphics engine
    your after... heres a link to the graphics card I have:
    http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Productinfo.aspx?ProductID=7693

    Thanks for yuor help with some drivers I installed the sound driver and that
    works now :) I also got a Asus update one which I'll install as soon as my
    Internet comes online however regarding the other driver, the chip set one
    that is a right kick in the arse. I need Rar to unzip it which I don't have.
    Theres always something :p Im gonig to try and download Rar so I can unzip it.
    Thanks Anthony :)
    =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=, Oct 8, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?U3V0ZXI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Don't you just love ASUS. Sometimes .zip sometimes .rar and sometimes a rar
    file within a zip file

    John Barnes, Oct 8, 2005