    Any help would be much appreciated as we get some fantastic blue skies at
    this time of year and I want to capture them in a better quality image.

    Mike Ricketts

    Mike Ricletts, Nov 8, 2005

  2. Mike Ricletts

    Marvin Guest

    Mike Ricletts wrote:
    > I am seeking help/advice with a problem I am having. On bright days, some
    > of the sky areas of my photos seem to be "layered". I have noticed this on
    > other peoples photos but do not know what is causing it. I am using an
    > Olympus E100RS which is a good camera but has limited megapixels - I
    > normally shoot at HQ. Is this the problem?
    >
    > I have attached a link to demonstrate what I mean and it is particularly
    > marked in the non-edited images I have used.
    >
    > http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kinsarvik/album?.dir=/691c&.src=ph&.tok=ph0V05DBx22wckfg
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated as we get some fantastic blue skies at
    > this time of year and I want to capture them in a better quality image.
    >
    > Mike Ricketts

    All I see is that the color of the sky is paler near the horizon, and that may be an
    accurate rendition. But if youare seeing something else that you call layering, it could
    be a jpg compression artifact. Try taking the same photos at different compression settings.

    Marvin, Nov 8, 2005

  3. Mike Ricletts

    Frank ess Guest

    Mike Ricletts wrote:
    > I am seeking help/advice with a problem I am having. On bright
    > days,
    > some of the sky areas of my photos seem to be "layered". I have
    > noticed this on other peoples photos but do not know what is causing
    > it. I am using an Olympus E100RS which is a good camera but has
    > limited megapixels - I normally shoot at HQ. Is this the problem?
    >
    > I have attached a link to demonstrate what I mean and it is
    > particularly marked in the non-edited images I have used.
    >
    > http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kinsarvik/album?.dir=/691c&.src=ph&.tok=ph0V05DBx22wckfg
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated as we get some fantastic blue
    > skies at this time of year and I want to capture them in a better
    > quality image.
    >
    > Mike Ricketts

    Look OK to me.

    Check out the settings on your display card. Higher is better. I can
    make your pictures match your description by changing display
    settings.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Nov 8, 2005
  4. Mike Ricletts

    none Guest

    On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:55:36 +0000, Mike Ricletts wrote:

    > I am seeking help/advice with a problem I am having. On bright days, some
    > of the sky areas of my photos seem to be "layered".

    I can definitely see the layering in the sky, especially on the right side
    of the first photo (b049.jpg). There does not seem to be much color noise
    in that photo, so I'm guessing it's the result of poor jpeg compression.
    Maybe try a higher quality setting if possible?

    -Mike

    none, Nov 9, 2005
  5. "none" <> wrote in message

    > I can definitely see the layering in the sky, especially on the right side
    > of the first photo (b049.jpg). There does not seem to be much color noise
    > in that photo, so I'm guessing it's the result of poor jpeg compression.
    > Maybe try a higher quality setting if possible?

    Thanks for that and for the other posts. I should have mentioned that I am
    already using a polarising filter and removing it makes no difference. I
    think I will have to buy a bigger capacity card and try and up the image
    quality.

    Mike Ricketts

    Mike Ricletts, Nov 9, 2005