Help about virus

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rija, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. rija

    rija Guest

    Hi folks,

    Hijackthis, xoftpsy, ewido, microsoft antispyware show nothing special

    but yesterday, I open message from known user with normal attached file
    after that, microsoft Antispyware asked me if I want to allow the
    machine installing I don't know exactly what is it about, so I refused
    to do so - but the fact is that my machine now, wont work properly, it
    is probably infected by new messy thing-

    Syndroms:

    The machine is bit slow
    I cannot switch to opened IE browser throught the task bar, but I can
    open new one, and it is ok
    I cannot access/click items from start menu
    I cannot switch/click to opened Window Explorer, but if I open new one,
    it is ok

    So to switch to the open browser, I've to press ALT/Tab key

    Any helps could be appreciated

    Regards,
    rija, Jul 21, 2006

  2. rija

    Plato Guest

    rija wrote:

    > but yesterday, I open message from known user with normal attached file
    > after that, microsoft Antispyware asked me if I want to allow the

    Please state exactly in extreme detail why you choose to install files
    that you know nothing about.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 21, 2006

  3. rija

    Mike Easter Guest

    rija wrote:

    > Hijackthis, xoftpsy, ewido, microsoft antispyware show nothing special

    Maybe you need some help at one of the forums for interpreting ewido &
    HJT

    > but yesterday, I open message from known user with normal attached
    > file

    Many viruses are socially engineered to propagate to the contacts of the
    infected. If your 'known user' friend were infected, then the friend's
    virus could propagate to you. It is very unusual these days for a viral
    propagation to carry the From of the propagator, the infected -- so I
    find myself puzzled by this part of the story so far

    > after that, microsoft Antispyware asked me if I want to allow the
    > machine installing I don't know exactly what is it about, so I refused
    > to do so

    It is possible that things were 'happening' before you got an alert
    about something. If you were alerted at stage 6 after 5 other stages
    that you don't know about, there can be problems caused by the 1st 5
    stages, as well as stages 7-9 which you weren't asked about.

    - but the fact is that my machine now, wont work properly, it
    > is probably infected by new messy thing-

    Yes. Before you got to this stage, a proper mental and software
    configuration should have been in operation. It is likely that a good
    spamfilter which was 'combing' the headers of that 'friend's' [more
    likely some bogus From with a name that you tho't you recognized as a
    friend, not a friend's complete address] for suspicious source IP
    address, and a 'bigfile' rule which sorts out bigmails which aren't from
    known friends from other mail to be handled with care, and a properly
    restricted configured mailuser agent which won't be allowing script or
    other executions caused by opening mail containing malware. The
    business of having an AV antiviral agent is not sufficient for adequate
    defense.

    > Syndroms:
    >
    > The machine is bit slow
    > I cannot switch to opened IE browser throught the task bar, but I can
    > open new one, and it is ok
    > I cannot access/click items from start menu
    > I cannot switch/click to opened Window Explorer, but if I open new
    > one, it is ok

    Something is wrong.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 21, 2006
  4. rija

    Duane Arnold Guest

    rija wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Hijackthis, xoftpsy, ewido, microsoft antispyware show nothing special
    >
    > but yesterday, I open message from known user with normal attached file
    > after that, microsoft Antispyware asked me if I want to allow the
    > machine installing I don't know exactly what is it about, so I refused
    > to do so - but the fact is that my machine now, wont work properly, it
    > is probably infected by new messy thing-
    >
    > Syndroms:
    >
    > The machine is bit slow
    > I cannot switch to opened IE browser throught the task bar, but I can
    > open new one, and it is ok
    > I cannot access/click items from start menu
    > I cannot switch/click to opened Window Explorer, but if I open new one,
    > it is ok
    >
    > So to switch to the open browser, I've to press ALT/Tab key
    >
    > Any helps could be appreciated

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx

    You can use Process Explorer (free) that's in the link and look around.

    Long

    http://www.windowsecurity.com/artic...d_Rootkit_Tools_in_a_Windows_Environment.html

    Short

    http://tinyurl.com/klw1

    You should practice safe hex.

    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    You should post to an AV NG and see if they can help you.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 21, 2006
  5. rija

    rija Guest

    Ok
    Thank to everybody,
    Now new problem occured,
    I have installed AVG for FREE 6.1 and I update it trying to have a good
    antiVirus
    after that It seems that something have changed the access for some
    file in some directory and I cannot no longer access to the file

    rija, Jul 21, 2006
  6. rija

    Ben Myers Guest

    Try an on-line virus scan.