    YES but how do get rid of windows and HOW DO I GET MANDRAKE 7.ON IT some
    real help would be nice.Do i delete windows and then copy and paste linux
    mandrake onto my hard drive,sorry if this is obviuos but i dont now how.
    neville, Feb 18, 2005

  2. neville wrote:

    > YES but how do get rid of windows and HOW DO I GET MANDRAKE 7.ON IT some
    > real help would be nice.Do i delete windows and then copy and paste linux
    > mandrake onto my hard drive,sorry if this is obviuos but i dont now how.

    RTFM
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 18, 2005

  3. neville

    Jim Guest

    > > YES but how do get rid of windows and HOW DO I GET MANDRAKE 7.ON IT some
    > > real help would be nice.Do i delete windows and then copy and paste

    linux
    > > mandrake onto my hard drive,sorry if this is obviuos but i dont now how.

    Just copy and paste m8, you should be fine.
    Jim, Feb 18, 2005
  4. neville

    gcc Guest

    This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of kids
    here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
    do........

    Neville......

    You are going to have to format your hard drive to remove Windows, rendering
    your PC Useless (Unless your an expert in DOS) Until you install an
    Operating System.....

    No you cannot copy and paste an Operating System......If you have never done
    this I suggest you do allot of reading, or have someone do it for you that
    has done it before.....Not that it is particular hard.....

    Visit http://www.mandrakesoft.com/ to obtain the Install for Mandrake (And
    other things you'll need from Linux)

    I would also suggest you visit the usenet Group alt.comp.linux for further
    assistance.....
    gcc, Feb 18, 2005
  5. neville

    Jim Guest

    > This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of
    kids
    > here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
    > do........

    GCC my sincere apologies to one and all. I honestly thought he was a troll
    due to such a wild question.

    regards
    Jim
    Jim, Feb 18, 2005
  6. neville

    gcc Guest

    > GCC my sincere apologies to one and all. I honestly thought he was a
    > troll
    > due to such a wild question.
    >
    > regards
    > Jim

    Fair enough, He may be a Troll, But he has been asking this question for
    days I think, Sounds sincere to me.....

    I have seen some crazy questions in my life....
    gcc, Feb 18, 2005
  7. neville

    dunc Guest

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:22:55 GMT, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >> This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of

    >kids
    >> here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
    >> do........

    >GCC my sincere apologies to one and all. I honestly thought he was a troll
    >due to such a wild question.
    >
    >regards
    >Jim

    Jim - read some of is other posts :)
    dunc, Feb 18, 2005
  8. Jim wrote:
    >> This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of

    > kids
    >> here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
    >> do........

    > GCC my sincere apologies to one and all. I honestly thought he was a troll
    > due to such a wild question.

    What about gcc's post shows that OP not? C'mon, during the first
    round of his trolling (where this was supposed to be his father's computer),
    somone called him a troll, and he said (I paraphrase) "you figured me
    out". Just because gcc's not caught on doesn't mean OP's not a troll.
    Now he's actually pulling in another school of fish.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 19, 2005
  9. neville

    Parko Guest

    gcc wrote:
    >I suggest you do allot of reading,

    Dictionaries, gcc.
    --
    Parko
    Sometimes I have to fire up a Windows box to see how t'other 'arf live.
    Parko, Feb 19, 2005
  10. neville

    Parko Guest

    neville wrote:
    > YES but how do get rid of windows and HOW DO I GET MANDRAKE 7.ON IT some
    > real help would be nice.Do i delete windows and then copy and paste linux
    > mandrake onto my hard drive,sorry if this is obviuos but i dont now how.

    You're better off Crtl+c Crtl+v Mandrake 10.1 to your primary hard
    drive. Much simpler and easier. Don't have to stuff around with messy
    bootloaders, partition tables or config files. Whilst I.m at it, found
    that RHL 5.2 disc, gonna +c +v it right now. Can't beat an uptodate OS.

    --
    Parko
    Parko, Feb 19, 2005
  11. neville

    Brian G Guest

    "gcc" <> wrote in message
    > This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of

    kids
    > here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you guys
    > do........

    >Snipped<

    Hi there GCC,

    Neville has been posting now for quite some time regarding problems with
    Fatal Exceptions, his operating system, a program called House Party and now
    a Linux installation.

    He has been given advice on how to post a problem in the proper way, so that
    he can get the help he asked for - this has been ignored and he still
    persists with some rather hilarious but vague questions.

    As a result, people either think he is a troll, taking the p**s, ignorant,
    pig-headed or just plain stupid - hence the quality of the replies that he
    is getting - personally I think that he is extracting the urine.

    The simple answer for Neville (if he is genuine) is to learn how to give all
    the relevant information about the problem(s) that he is experiencing, and
    then assimilate and react on the advice that he is given - something that he
    refuses to do.

    Brian G
    Brian G, Feb 19, 2005
  12. neville

    elaich Guest

    "gcc" <> wrote in

    > This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of
    > kids here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you
    > guys do........

    It's been obvious from the beginning that this is a joke or a troll. He's
    is receiving the appropriate responses from the group.
    elaich, Feb 19, 2005
  13. elaich wrote:

    > "gcc" <> wrote in

    >> This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of
    >> kids here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you
    >> guys do........

    > It's been obvious from the beginning that this is a joke or a troll. He's
    > is receiving the appropriate responses from the group.

    Didn't he, a week or so ago, when first called a troll (by DCMoose, I
    think), reply with something like "youv found me out". (That's in
    nevillespell.)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 19, 2005
  14. neville

    DC Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > "gcc" <> wrote in

    >> This is about the No - Helpingingest NG i have ever seen......Bunch of
    >> kids here I Guess, cause adults certainly wouldn't act the way you
    >> guys do........

    > It's been obvious from the beginning that this is a joke or a troll. He's
    > is receiving the appropriate responses from the group.

    The appropriate response to a troll, IMO, is to *not* respond to it in the
    first place, dammit. ~}:O(

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001
    DC, Feb 19, 2005
  15. neville

    DonSlice Guest

    > Hi there GCC,
    >
    > Neville has been posting now for quite some time regarding problems with
    > Fatal Exceptions, his operating system, a program called House Party and now
    > a Linux installation.
    >
    > He has been given advice on how to post a problem in the proper way, so that
    > he can get the help he asked for - this has been ignored and he still
    > persists with some rather hilarious but vague questions.
    >
    > As a result, people either think he is a troll, taking the p**s, ignorant,
    > pig-headed or just plain stupid - hence the quality of the replies that he
    > is getting - personally I think that he is extracting the urine.
    >
    > The simple answer for Neville (if he is genuine) is to learn how to give all
    > the relevant information about the problem(s) that he is experiencing, and
    > then assimilate and react on the advice that he is given - something that he
    > refuses to do.
    >

    > Brian G

    He's probably 8 or something.
    DonSlice, Feb 20, 2005