    any ideas??

    cheers
    Bill
    bill, May 6, 2004

  2. bill

    °Mike° Guest

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

    On Thu, 6 May 2004 20:41:36 +0100, in
    <Gwwmc.144$Zh5.143@newsfe1-win>
    "bill" <andran@ntl(remove)world.com> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 6, 2004

  3. bill

    *Ashley* Guest

    sounds like a virus

    *Ashley*, May 7, 2004
  4. bill

    Geoff Guest

    This problem has been around for a while. I guess the about:blank page is
    advertising medical products and also puts an icon on the desktop. It is a
    genuine company that has been hijacked by someone who was trying to help
    promote it!

    Download "Adaware" and run it; it will get rid of the cookie responsible.
    Set your homepage back again to what you want. It should now be OK. It
    will come back though. Mine re-appears after 4/5 weeks. You just have to
    run Adaware each time and remove it.

    Geoff.

    Geoff, May 7, 2004
  5. bill

    Reid Decker Guest

    If you have System Restore, go back to a Restore Point before you got
    the problem

    Reid Decker, May 7, 2004