Help a real guy get out of prison

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by suebasko@gmail.com, Dec 15, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Paul Modrowski, who was wrongfully convicted of the murder of Dean
    Fawcett, is seeking release from prison. Modrowski, autistic, and
    then 18 years old, was convicted of Murder 1 on an "accountability"
    theory for supposedly lending his car to the supposed killer - who was
    acquitted. Modrowski was then sentenced to life in prison with no
    possibility of parole. He has been in prison for about 15 years and
    needs our help.

    You can sign a petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/
    Signing is free and takes just a minute.

    Modrowski filed a Clemency petition that he wrote himself. A hearing
    was held by the Illinois Prisoner Review Board, where Paul was
    represented by his mother, Linda. The Review Board then sent the
    petition on to Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.

    If you want to encourage Governor Blagojevich to sign the Clemency
    petition, you can sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/

    The Fawcett murder got mixed up in the infamous Brown's Chicken
    massacre murders in Palatine, Illinois, that took place nearby in time
    and place. The Brown's Chicken massacre appeared "unsolvable," but
    two strong suspects, James Degorski and Juan Luna, were finally
    arrested in 2002. Luna has been convicted and Degorski should go to
    trial in 2008.

    Fed by fear and media frenzy, Paul Modrowski was considered a "prime
    suspect" in the 1993 Brown's Chicken Massacre in Palatine, Illinois --
    but not for any good reason. This was highly publicized so people
    assumed Modrowski was guilty of the Palatine killings. There were
    newspapers on the stands inside the courtroom cafeteria when
    Modrowski's jury went to lunch - with a front page article saying:
    Prime Suspect in Brown's Massacre Killings on Trial in Other Murder.
    The judge did not grant a retrial or a change of venue. Unfair? Sign
    now: http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/

    Those involved in the legal process against Paul Modrowski in the
    Fawcett case may have believed that they had to secure that conviction
    and long sentence to have leverage in solving the Palatine massacre
    murders or to appear as if they had gotten the restaurant killer on
    something. This was probably more true after the acquittal of Robert
    Faraci, who also stood accused of murdering Dean Fawcett.

    1) Essentially, Paul Modrowski was convicted of loaning his car for
    the murder. The only evidence about this was the testimony of a
    police officer, who said Modrowski confessed this to him. There was
    no written or signed confession, no confession on tape or video. Paul
    Modrowski is autistic and was held for several days and mistreated
    before "confessing." He was not given an attorney and signed no
    waiver giving up that right. The officer claimed Modrowski confessed,
    yet did not write a report about that till weeks later. ALL of this
    should call its truth seriously into question. Show you care about
    fairness and sign at: http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/

    2) The State's Attorney used the theory of "accountability" to say
    that Modrowski was guilty of Murder 1 because he supposedly lent his
    car to the other defendant, Robert Faraci, who was acquitted by his
    separate jury. The car was thoroughly searched by the FBI and it
    contained not even a trace of evidence. Does this bug you? Sign the
    petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/

    3) The judge sentenced Modrowski to LIFE IN PRISON WITH NO POSSIBILITY
    OF PAROLE. He has been in prison for about 15 years now and cannot
    get out unless Governor Blagojevich signs the Clemency petition. If
    this bothers you, sign the petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/

    4 ) Paul Modrowski probably would have been freed or at least retried
    after some level of appeal, but his appeals were bollixed up by
    lawyers having personal problems. His appeals were half-written, sent
    in without mandatory affidavits, filed one day late, etc. The "one
    day late" issue went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which said
    that prisoners should know what their lawyers are doing and should
    file a second set of papers on their own to be sure it is done right.
    Obviously, this makes no sense. Help right this wrong by signing:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/

    5) Paul Modrowski's trial probably would have gone much differently if
    he had been afforded the rules that are now mandatory in Illinois
    death penalty cases, such as the requirement of a lawyer qualified to
    try death penalty cases and full discovery procedures. Crucial
    materials were withheld from the defense and STILL have not been given
    to Modrowski--but the prosecution and judge saw them!

    6) The meager physical evidence in the crime was found in the
    Barrington woods months after Dean Fawcett's murder, when Robert
    Faraci was arrested, as opposed to being located there when first
    searched at the time the body was found. The woods went from having
    no evidence during a thorough search when the body was found, to
    having pieces of odd evidence once an arrest was made. The evidence
    makes little sense. A broken saw and shovel were supposedly used to
    dismember a body, yet showed not even microscopic traces of blood or
    skin tissue. Why would someone dismembering a body take the head and
    arms with them, but leave behind a saw and shovel? None of this adds
    up to reliable evidence.

    7) Paul Modrowski earned a college degree while in prison, getting
    straight As - before education was removed from Illinois prisons. He
    has read many books. He wrote his own Clemency petition. He wants to
    complete his education, start a career and family. His parents and
    family are eager to help him adjust to being free. Want to help give
    him that chance? http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/

    Please sign the petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/paulmod/

    Thanks, Sue Basko
    , Dec 15, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Paul Modrowski, who was wrongfully convicted of the murder of Dean

    Which camera and lens did he use?

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Dec 15, 2007

  3. "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Paul Modrowski, who was wrongfully convicted of the murder of Dean

    > Which camera

    Probably a cannon, . . .

    > and lens did he use?

    maybe 90 or 105mm. Those things will really (in Dirty Harry's famous words)
    "blow your head clean off."

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Dec 15, 2007
  4. Jürgen Exner wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Paul Modrowski, who was wrongfully convicted of the murder of Dean

    > Which camera and lens did he use?
    >
    > jue

    Right, it's OT. Neil H.'s Dec. 15 post is rather flippant, OTOH....
    David Bernier, Dec 17, 2007
  5. "David Bernier" <> wrote in message
    > Jürgen Exner wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Paul Modrowski, who was wrongfully convicted of the murder of Dean

    >> Which camera and lens did he use?
    >>
    >> jue

    > Right, it's OT. Neil H.'s Dec. 15 post is rather flippant, OTOH....

    Yes. The OP's post was not only OT but asks readers to sign a petition to
    help some guy who's in prison for murder. Readers are expected to just
    accept her version of the affair and be nice enough to sign the petition
    without knowing any more about the case. Note that the "real guy" we're
    expected to help get out of prison is serving a life sentence with no
    possibility of parole. This suggests that his involvement in the crime was
    rather more than she says -- and she offers no link to more objective
    sources.

    Sorry, but in these circumstances flippant is about as nice as I get.

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Dec 18, 2007