    dear pete & ALISON JAKE
    we try test to y if y have got recie my letter let me knoe ok love dad
    mary

    mary turner, Jun 10, 2007

  2. mary turner

    gangle Guest

    "mary turner" wrote
    > dear pete & ALISON JAKE
    > we try test to y if y have got recie my letter let me knoe
    > ok love dad

    I told you to stop writing me. I am no longer interested
    in taking acid and smoking crack. Go away.

    Pete

    gangle, Jun 10, 2007

  3. mary turner wrote:
    > dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
    > letter let me knoe ok love dad mary

    Hey, guess what? NTL. :)

    This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
    to Usenet.

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 10, 2007
  4. mary turner

    Flyer Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > mary turner wrote:
    >> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
    >> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary

    > Hey, guess what? NTL. :)
    >
    > This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
    > to Usenet.
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

    be fair, it may use NTL, but the user is plugged into Tesco.net ;-)

    P.

    Flyer, Jun 10, 2007
  5. mary turner

    Guest

    "Flyer" <> wrote:

    >"Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> mary turner wrote:
    >>> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
    >>> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary

    >> Hey, guess what? NTL. :)

    >> This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
    >> to Usenet.
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html
    >>

    >be fair, it may use NTL, but the user is plugged into Tesco.net ;-)
    >
    >P.

    Not just any user, but the CEO of Tesco :)
    http://www.sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=17388&hilite=

    --

    I beat it!
    http://lineage2.plaync.jp/l2fun/flashGame.aspx

    , Jun 10, 2007
  6. mary turner

    Mara Guest

    On 10 Jun 2007 11:01:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >mary turner wrote:
    >> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
    >> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary

    >Hey, guess what? NTL. :)
    >
    >This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
    >to Usenet.
    >
    >http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

    <rant>

    That's just one of the problems with NTL. Like most google-gropers, etc., they
    don't seem to make any sense. Even when they use proper grammar, they *still*
    don't make any sense, and frankly, I resent the time I waste trying just to
    decipher the posts. How are people this (insert ignorant, lazy, what have you
    here) going to understand the answers they're given if they can't write a
    comprehensive question?

    This is devolution in action.

    </rant>

    --
    Naeser's Law: You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof.

    Mara, Jun 10, 2007
  7. Mara wrote:
    > On 10 Jun 2007 11:01:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >>mary turner wrote:
    >>> dear pete & ALISON JAKE we try test to y if y have got recie my
    >>> letter let me knoe ok love dad mary

    >>Hey, guess what? NTL. :)
    >>
    >>This one's now enshrined. I've created a subcategory for emails posted
    >>to Usenet.
    >>
    >>http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

    ><rant>
    >
    > That's just one of the problems with NTL. Like most google-gropers, etc., they
    > don't seem to make any sense. Even when they use proper grammar, they *still*
    > don't make any sense, and frankly, I resent the time I waste trying just to
    > decipher the posts. How are people this (insert ignorant, lazy, what have you
    > here) going to understand the answers they're given if they can't write a
    > comprehensive question?
    >
    > This is devolution in action.
    >
    ></rant>

    I'm always amazed by the number of people who can't write (and how well
    can they even read, if they think the above example (the misguided email
    is English?) are drawn to this, a written medium. I don't play the
    violin -- so I don't drag one out to the street corner and saw away at it
    in public.

    Q. What's the difference between bagpipes and a lawn mower?
    A. You can tune a lawnmower.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 10, 2007
  8. mary turner

    lame poaster Guest

    lame poaster, Jun 10, 2007
  9. mary turner

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" wrote...

    > I'm always amazed by the number of people who can't write (and how

    well
    > can they even read, if they think the above example (the misguided

    email
    > is English?) are drawn to this, a written medium. I don't play the
    > violin -- so I don't drag one out to the street corner and saw away at

    it
    > in public.

    They might pay you to stop...

    Oh what the heck, sharks don't play the violin anyway.

    DemoDisk, Jun 10, 2007
  10. mary turner

    Mara Guest

    On 10 Jun 2007 18:23:38 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    <snip>

    >><rant>
    >>
    >> That's just one of the problems with NTL. Like most google-gropers, etc., they
    >> don't seem to make any sense. Even when they use proper grammar, they *still*
    >> don't make any sense, and frankly, I resent the time I waste trying just to
    >> decipher the posts. How are people this (insert ignorant, lazy, what have you
    >> here) going to understand the answers they're given if they can't write a
    >> comprehensive question?
    >>
    >> This is devolution in action.
    >>
    >></rant>

    >I'm always amazed by the number of people who can't write (and how well
    >can they even read, if they think the above example (the misguided email
    >is English?) are drawn to this, a written medium. I don't play the
    >violin -- so I don't drag one out to the street corner and saw away at it
    >in public.

    I'm with ya. Just look at how many pages there are online about usenet
    etiquette, and yet almost every newbie totally ignores them. Even after they
    arrive here and make fools out of themselves, they *still* ignore them. That's
    why google groupers and ntlers are "famous."

    I like this page:

    http://www.dur.ac.uk/its/services/usenet/guidelines/

    and the Usenet guidelines here:

    http://tgos.org/newbie/rules.html

    But this one's still my favorite:

    http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

    >Q. What's the difference between bagpipes and a lawn mower?
    >A. You can tune a lawnmower.

    But you can't tuna fish.

    I know. <GROAN>

    --
    Naeser's Law: You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof.

    Mara, Jun 10, 2007
  11. DemoDisk wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" wrote...
    >
    >> I'm always amazed by the number of people who can't write (and how

    > well
    >> can they even read, if they think the above example (the misguided

    > email
    >> is English?) are drawn to this, a written medium. I don't play the
    >> violin -- so I don't drag one out to the street corner and saw away at

    > it
    >> in public.

    > They might pay you to stop...
    >
    > Oh what the heck, sharks don't play the violin anyway.

    Some exceptional ones have. But if I tell you their names I have to eat
    you. Anyway, we're actually deeply embedded in music. Shirley, you've
    heard of Motshark.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 11, 2007
  12. Mara wrote:
    > On 10 Jun 2007 18:23:38 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Mara wrote:

    ><snip>
    >
    >>><rant>
    >>>
    >>> That's just one of the problems with NTL. Like most google-gropers,
    >>> etc., they don't seem to make any sense. Even when they use proper
    >>> grammar, they *still* don't make any sense, and frankly, I resent
    >>> the time I waste trying just to decipher the posts. How are people
    >>> this (insert ignorant, lazy, what have you here) going to understand
    >>> the answers they're given if they can't write a comprehensive
    >>> question?
    >>>
    >>> This is devolution in action.
    >>>
    >>></rant>

    >>I'm always amazed by the number of people who can't write (and how
    >>well can they even read, if they think the above example (the
    >>misguided email is English?) are drawn to this, a written medium. I
    >>don't play the violin -- so I don't drag one out to the street corner
    >>and saw away at it in public.

    > I'm with ya. Just look at how many pages there are online about usenet
    > etiquette, and yet almost every newbie totally ignores them. Even
    > after they arrive here and make fools out of themselves, they *still*
    > ignore them. That's why google groupers and ntlers are "famous."

    Newbs will pretty much by nature not know about the conventions; but
    yes, even after they're SHOWN them by those who are willing to explain
    them or via links, as you say they *still* don't get it.

    > I like this page:

    This is in my "clues" Firefox bookmark folder for them:

    http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm

    > http://www.dur.ac.uk/its/services/usenet/guidelines/
    >
    > and the Usenet guidelines here:
    >
    > http://tgos.org/newbie/rules.html

    I will look at those two and probably add them to my bookmarks.

    > But this one's still my favorite:
    >
    > http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

    I've used that one, too, and had it bookmarked but started my bookmarks
    over from scratch a few months ago and hadn't readded it. Thanks!

    >>Q. What's the difference between bagpipes and a lawn mower? A. You
    >>can tune a lawnmower.

    > But you can't tuna fish.
    >
    > I know. <GROAN>

    If it's not a groaner, it's not worth passing along. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 11, 2007
  13. mary turner

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 02:33:18 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Oh what the heck, sharks don't play the violin anyway.

    > Some exceptional ones have. But if I tell you their names I have to eat
    > you. Anyway, we're actually deeply embedded in music. Shirley, you've
    > heard of Motshark.

    Yes, love that Motshark.

    Another of my favs is that Choppin guy.

    Dan C, Jun 11, 2007
  14. mary turner

    Mara Guest

    On 11 Jun 2007 02:40:07 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    <snip>
    >> I'm with ya. Just look at how many pages there are online about usenet
    >> etiquette, and yet almost every newbie totally ignores them. Even
    >> after they arrive here and make fools out of themselves, they *still*
    >> ignore them. That's why google groupers and ntlers are "famous."

    >Newbs will pretty much by nature not know about the conventions; but
    >yes, even after they're SHOWN them by those who are willing to explain
    >them or via links, as you say they *still* don't get it.
    >
    >> I like this page:

    >This is in my "clues" Firefox bookmark folder for them:
    >
    >http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm

    Nice. I particularly liked the "misusenet" link.

    >> http://www.dur.ac.uk/its/services/usenet/guidelines/
    >>
    >> and the Usenet guidelines here:
    >>
    >> http://tgos.org/newbie/rules.html

    >I will look at those two and probably add them to my bookmarks.
    >
    >> But this one's still my favorite:
    >>
    >> http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

    >I've used that one, too, and had it bookmarked but started my bookmarks
    >over from scratch a few months ago and hadn't readded it. Thanks!

    YW. I really ought to weed out my bookmarks, but haven't had time or a good way
    to do it. I still have bookmarks from over 10 years ago.

    >>>Q. What's the difference between bagpipes and a lawn mower? A. You
    >>>can tune a lawnmower.

    >> But you can't tuna fish.
    >>
    >> I know. <GROAN>

    >If it's not a groaner, it's not worth passing along. :)

    LOL

    --
    Naeser's Law: You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof.

    Mara, Jun 11, 2007
  15. It was on, or about, Mon, 11 Jun 2007 02:40:07 +0000, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    <snip>
    > If it's not a groaner, it's not worth passing along. :)

    Ah, the old groaner...err...wait a minute wasn't that Bing Crosby...

    --
    Using X-No-Archive suggests the post is of little value &
    not worth archiving. Anyone marking *all* their posts

    William Poaster, Jun 11, 2007
  16. mary turner

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 11 Jun 2007 02:33:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Some exceptional ones have. But if I tell you their names I have to eat
    >you. Anyway, we're actually deeply embedded in music. Shirley, you've
    >heard of Motshark.

    Hey was that you in Saturday Night Live?

    "Candygram....

    Plumber....."

    Evan Platt, Jun 11, 2007
  17. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On 11 Jun 2007 02:33:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Some exceptional ones have. But if I tell you their names I have to eat
    >>you. Anyway, we're actually deeply embedded in music. Shirley, you've
    >>heard of Motshark.

    > Hey was that you in Saturday Night Live?
    >
    > "Candygram....

    "Girl Scout cookies..."

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/incoming.jpg

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 11, 2007
  18. mary turner

    DemoDisk Guest

    "William Poaster" <> wrote in message
    > It was on, or about, Mon, 11 Jun 2007 02:40:07 +0000, that as I was
    > halfway through a large jam doughnut, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    > > If it's not a groaner, it's not worth passing along. :)

    > Ah, the old groaner...err...wait a minute wasn't that Bing Crosby...

    Crooner. Though he may have groaned before passing.

    DemoDisk, Jun 12, 2007