    Jonno Guest

    Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    unattached to the rest of the world?

    Jonno, Mar 4, 2006

  2. Jonno

    frajalistic Guest

    "Jonno" <> wrote in message
    news:44090cd3$...
    > Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    > unattached to the rest of the world?

    Your not imagining things, this has been the case since yesterday morning,
    so far no one has replied to any of my posts so I am not sure that even all
    other clearnet users are seeing eachothers posts.

    frajalistic, Mar 4, 2006

  3. "Jonno" <> wrote in message
    > Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    > unattached to the rest of the world?

    Yeah it looks that way :(

    Stephen Williams, Mar 4, 2006
  4. Jonno

    frajalistic Guest

    "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk> wrote in message

    > "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Jonno" <> wrote in message

    > become
    > > > >

    > > > Your not imagining things, this has been the case since yesterday

    > morning,
    > > > so far no one has replied to any of my posts so I am not sure that

    even
    > > all
    > > > other clearnet users are seeing eachothers posts.
    > > >

    > > Very frustrating.
    > > This exact problem happens from time to time with clearnet and they

    always
    > > take a long time to do anything about it.
    > >

    > I sent them a fax this morning as voice phone is always a complete waste

    of
    > time and the email form was not working but the fax was probably a waste

    of
    > my time also which I think is exactly what clearnet want you to believe,
    > they want you to give up.

    Obviously no one is seeing my posts at the moment but when they finally fix
    the problem all my posts will probably appear.

    frajalistic, Mar 4, 2006
  5. Jonno

    Jonno Guest

    "Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message

    > "Jonno" <> wrote in message
    >> Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    >> unattached to the rest of the world?

    > Yeah it looks that way :(

    BUGGER!

    Jonno, Mar 4, 2006
  6. Jonno

    Jonno Guest

    "Jonno" <> wrote in message

    > "Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jonno" <> wrote in message
    >>> Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    >>> unattached to the rest of the world?

    >> Yeah it looks that way :(
    >>

    > BUGGER!

    I just checked on a free server that I sometimes use and there appears to be
    another 90 messages on this group from just today that we are not seeing.
    :-(
    The server is at 128.230.129.221 or 128.230.129.222 for those that are
    interested but it is really slow and you can't post to it. Think it also
    uses 128.230.129.220 and 128.230.129.223 from memory but 128.230.129.222 had
    the fastest ping times when I first tried it.

    Jonno

    Jonno, Mar 4, 2006
  7. Jonno

    Barry Lennox Guest

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:12:53 +1300, "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk>
    wrote:

    >"frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jonno" <> wrote in message
    >> > Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    >> > unattached to the rest of the world?
    >> >

    >> Your not imagining things, this has been the case since yesterday morning,
    >> so far no one has replied to any of my posts so I am not sure that even

    >all
    >> other clearnet users are seeing eachothers posts.
    >>

    >Very frustrating.
    >This exact problem happens from time to time with clearnet and they always
    >take a long time to do anything about it.

    I'm seeing it, but yes, Clear has a news problem at the moment. I
    tried to use their web reporting but that blew up. Telephone tommorow,
    but last time I spoke to an Indian (prob in India ???) who was as much
    use as tits on a bull.

    Barry Lennox, Mar 4, 2006
  8. Jonno

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:43:17 +1300, in message
     <44090cd3$>, Jonno wrote:

    > Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    > unattached to the rest of the world?

    It looks that way to me too.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Mar 4, 2006
  9. Jonno

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <44090cd3$>, "Jonno" <> wrote:
    >Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    >unattached to the rest of the world?

    Finally fixed on Sunday evening. The server is still slow several hours
    later, it's probably grunting under the load of catching up.

    Don Hills, Mar 5, 2006
  10. Jonno

    Jonno Guest

    "Don Hills" <> wrote in message
    > In article <44090cd3$>, "Jonno" <>
    > wrote:
    >>Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    >>unattached to the rest of the world?

    > Finally fixed on Sunday evening. The server is still slow several hours
    > later, it's probably grunting under the load of catching up.
    >
    > --
    > Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand

    Yes but apparently no updates to the binaries groups tho.

    Jonno, Mar 5, 2006
  11. Jonno

    Peter Guest

    Don Hills wrote:

    > In article <44090cd3$>, "Jonno" <>
    > wrote:
    >>Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    >>unattached to the rest of the world?

    > Finally fixed on Sunday evening. The server is still slow several hours
    > later, it's probably grunting under the load of catching up.

    I sent a snail-mail asking for a $20 refund on my next account, interesting
    to see what happens.

    Peter, Mar 5, 2006
  12. Jonno

    oldoldold Guest

    wrote:
    > >Am I imagining things or has Telstra Clear/Paradise's news server become
    > >unattached to the rest of the world?

    > Finally fixed on Sunday evening. The server is still slow several hours
    > later, it's probably grunting under the load of catching up.
    >
    > --
    > Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand

    But the missing messages have yet to appear.

    oldoldold, Mar 6, 2006