hello there

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by nevillenevilleson, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. Prepared jointly by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA,
    Space Environment Center and the U.S. Air Force.
    Updated 2006 Feb 24 2204 UTC

    Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity
    SDF Number 055 Issued at 2200Z on 24 Feb 2006

    IA. Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 23/2100Z
    to 24/2100Z: Solar activity was very low. The visible solar disk
    continues to remain spotless.

    IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to continue
    at very low levels.

    IIA. Geophysical Activity Summary 23/2100Z to 24/2100Z:
    The geomagnetic field was mostly quiet to unsettled with an isolated
    active period between 24/1200 to 24/1500 UTC at several
    observatories. The greater than 2 MeV electron flux at
    geosynchronous orbit was at high levels again today.

    IIB. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is
    expected to be quiet to unsettled with an isolated active period
    possible on 25 February. Quiet to unsettled conditions are expected
    on 26 and 27 February.

    III. Event Probabilities 25 Feb-27 Feb
    Class M 01/01/01
    Class X 01/01/01
    Proton 01/01/01
    PCAF Green

    IV. Penticton 10.7 cm Flux
    Observed 24 Feb 076
    Predicted 25 Feb-27 Feb 075/080/080
    90 Day Mean 24 Feb 084

    V. Geomagnetic A Indices
    Observed Afr/Ap 23 Feb 004/003
    Estimated Afr/Ap 24 Feb 008/006
    Predicted Afr/Ap 25 Feb-27 Feb 005/012-005/005-005/008

    VI. Geomagnetic Activity Probabilities 25 Feb-27 Feb
    A. Middle Latitudes
    Active 15/15/15
    Minor storm 05/05/05
    Major-severe storm 01/01/01
    B. High Latitudes
    Active 25/15/20
    Minor storm 10/05/10
    Major-severe storm 01/01/01

    nevillenevilleson, Feb 25, 2006

  2. nevillenevilleson

    clot Guest

    nevillenevilleson wrote:
    > Prepared jointly by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA,
    > Space Environment Center and the U.S. Air Force.
    > Updated 2006 Feb 24 2204 UTC
    >
    > Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity
    > SDF Number 055 Issued at 2200Z on 24 Feb 2006
    >
    > IA. Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 23/2100Z
    > to 24/2100Z: Solar activity was very low. The visible solar disk
    > continues to remain spotless.
    >
    > IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to continue
    > at very low levels.
    >
    > IIA. Geophysical Activity Summary 23/2100Z to 24/2100Z:
    > The geomagnetic field was mostly quiet to unsettled with an isolated
    > active period between 24/1200 to 24/1500 UTC at several
    > observatories. The greater than 2 MeV electron flux at
    > geosynchronous orbit was at high levels again today.
    >
    > IIB. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is
    > expected to be quiet to unsettled with an isolated active period
    > possible on 25 February. Quiet to unsettled conditions are expected
    > on 26 and 27 February.
    >
    > III. Event Probabilities 25 Feb-27 Feb
    > Class M 01/01/01
    > Class X 01/01/01
    > Proton 01/01/01
    > PCAF Green
    >
    > IV. Penticton 10.7 cm Flux
    > Observed 24 Feb 076
    > Predicted 25 Feb-27 Feb 075/080/080
    > 90 Day Mean 24 Feb 084
    >
    > V. Geomagnetic A Indices
    > Observed Afr/Ap 23 Feb 004/003
    > Estimated Afr/Ap 24 Feb 008/006
    > Predicted Afr/Ap 25 Feb-27 Feb 005/012-005/005-005/008
    >
    > VI. Geomagnetic Activity Probabilities 25 Feb-27 Feb
    > A. Middle Latitudes
    > Active 15/15/15
    > Minor storm 05/05/05
    > Major-severe storm 01/01/01
    > B. High Latitudes
    > Active 25/15/20
    > Minor storm 10/05/10
    > Major-severe storm 01/01/01

    Many thanks for this informative missive, Mr Nevillison. I shall have to
    brush up my knowledge to appreciate how this relates to imminent weather
    conditions in the inshore waters around the British Isles!

    clot, Feb 25, 2006

  3. nevillenevilleson

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 2/25/2006 11:36:20 AM, Without Any Hesitation,
    nevillenevilleson Wrote The Following:

    > Prepared jointly by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA,
    > Space Environment Center and the U.S. Air Force.
    > Updated 2006 Feb 24 2204 UTC
    >
    > Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity
    > SDF Number 055 Issued at 2200Z on 24 Feb 2006
    >
    > IA. Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 23/2100Z
    > to 24/2100Z: Solar activity was very low. The visible solar disk
    > continues to remain spotless.
    >
    > IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to continue
    > at very low levels.
    >
    > IIA. Geophysical Activity Summary 23/2100Z to 24/2100Z:
    > The geomagnetic field was mostly quiet to unsettled with an isolated
    > active period between 24/1200 to 24/1500 UTC at several
    > observatories. The greater than 2 MeV electron flux at
    > geosynchronous orbit was at high levels again today.
    >
    > IIB. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is
    > expected to be quiet to unsettled with an isolated active period
    > possible on 25 February. Quiet to unsettled conditions are expected
    > on 26 and 27 February.
    >
    > III. Event Probabilities 25 Feb-27 Feb
    > Class M 01/01/01
    > Class X 01/01/01
    > Proton 01/01/01
    > PCAF Green
    >
    > IV. Penticton 10.7 cm Flux
    > Observed 24 Feb 076
    > Predicted 25 Feb-27 Feb 075/080/080
    > 90 Day Mean 24 Feb 084
    >
    > V. Geomagnetic A Indices
    > Observed Afr/Ap 23 Feb 004/003
    > Estimated Afr/Ap 24 Feb 008/006
    > Predicted Afr/Ap 25 Feb-27 Feb 005/012-005/005-005/008
    >
    > VI. Geomagnetic Activity Probabilities 25 Feb-27 Feb
    > A. Middle Latitudes
    > Active 15/15/15
    > Minor storm 05/05/05
    > Major-severe storm 01/01/01
    > B. High Latitudes
    > Active 25/15/20
    > Minor storm 10/05/10
    > Major-severe storm 01/01/01

    Maybe that is why we have had an absolutely beautiful winter here in
    Marfa.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.

    Old Gringo, Feb 25, 2006
  4. nevillenevilleson

    old jon Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > On Or About 2/25/2006 11:36:20 AM, Without Any Hesitation,
    > nevillenevilleson Wrote The Following:

    snipped

    >> VI. Geomagnetic Activity Probabilities 25 Feb-27 Feb
    >> A. Middle Latitudes
    >> Active 15/15/15
    >> Minor storm 05/05/05
    >> Major-severe storm 01/01/01
    >> B. High Latitudes
    >> Active 25/15/20
    >> Minor storm 10/05/10
    >> Major-severe storm 01/01/01

    > Maybe that is why we have had an absolutely beautiful winter here in
    > Marfa.

    Some Old Gringos are dead lucky <g>.

    old jon, Feb 25, 2006
  5. nevillenevilleson

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 2/25/2006 9:46:24 AM, Without Any Hesitation, old jon
    Wrote The Following:

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Or About 2/25/2006 11:36:20 AM, Without Any Hesitation,
    >> nevillenevilleson Wrote The Following:
    >>

    > snipped
    >>
    >>> VI. Geomagnetic Activity Probabilities 25 Feb-27 Feb
    >>> A. Middle Latitudes
    >>> Active 15/15/15
    >>> Minor storm 05/05/05
    >>> Major-severe storm 01/01/01
    >>> B. High Latitudes
    >>> Active 25/15/20
    >>> Minor storm 10/05/10
    >>> Major-severe storm 01/01/01

    >> Maybe that is why we have had an absolutely beautiful winter here in
    >> Marfa.
    >>

    > Some Old Gringos are dead lucky <g>.
    >>
    >> Old Gringo
    >> The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    >> Freedom For The World http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    >> 2/25/2006 9:40:14 AM CT USA

    Hi OJ; I have grass that is green all year long and requirs mowing
    once in December and Janurary and then every 3rd day for the rest of
    the year. :) Mowing the lawn keeps me out of trouble.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    Freedom For The World http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    2/25/2006 10:29:08 AM CT USA

    Old Gringo, Feb 25, 2006
  6. nevillenevilleson

    old jon Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > On Or About 2/25/2006 9:46:24 AM, Without Any Hesitation, old jon
    > Wrote The Following:
    >
    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Or About 2/25/2006 11:36:20 AM, Without Any Hesitation,
    >>> nevillenevilleson Wrote The Following:
    >>>

    >> snipped

    >>> Maybe that is why we have had an absolutely beautiful winter here in
    >>> Marfa.
    >>>

    >> Some Old Gringos are dead lucky <g>.
    >>>
    >>> Old Gringo
    >>> The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    >>> Freedom For The World http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    >>> 2/25/2006 9:40:14 AM CT USA

    > Hi OJ; I have grass that is green all year long and requirs mowing
    > once in December and Janurary and then every 3rd day for the rest of
    > the year. :) Mowing the lawn keeps me out of trouble.

    Our grass will be going brown this year.
    The powers that be are already talking drought in England.
    Normally I cut mine about every 5 days in Spring\Summer\Autumn.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 25, 2006
  7. Its good to be back.
    As you can see, I have now branched out into final frontier weather
    forecasts.
    WE MUST KEEP AN EYE ON SOLAR ACTIVITY AT ALL TIMES.
    Of course this will not disrupt my newly refurbished inland waters forecasts
    that shall begin soon.

    nevillenevilleson, Feb 25, 2006
  8. nevillenevilleson

    clot Guest

    nevillenevilleson wrote:
    > Its good to be back.
    > As you can see, I have now branched out into final frontier weather
    > forecasts.
    > WE MUST KEEP AN EYE ON SOLAR ACTIVITY AT ALL TIMES.
    > Of course this will not disrupt my newly refurbished inland waters
    > forecasts that shall begin soon.

    Most pleased to hear from you, Mr Nevilleson. I had wondered whether you
    had emigrated to the warmer climes of Marfa!
    Does Solar activity have an impact upon global warming?

    Should be interested to hear of your plans for inshore forecasts in the
    future.

    Had hoped to have a foray up to the Firyh of Forth next month but sadly
    work had to come first. Still, another couple of months and I'll be
    plying the Irish Sea.

    Regards

    clot, Feb 26, 2006