    everytime I remove it it comes back.
    How do I set it so It asks for a password for logging on
    win98???

    Annette Kurten, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Annette Kurten

    dadiOH Guest

    Annette Kurten wrote:
    > when I uncheck save my password in the dial up pop up.
    > It does just that, but the next time I open dial up the password is
    > there again!
    > I just want to bar a tiny person from logging on when I'm not
    > there, but everytime I remove it it comes back.
    > How do I set it so It asks for a password for logging on
    > win98???

    Control Panel
    Network
    Configuration tab

    Under "Primary Network Logon" select something other than Windows
    Logon. If that is the only choice, ADD>CLIENT>ADD

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Annette Kurten

    trout Guest

    Annette Kurten wrote:

    > when I uncheck save my password in the dial up pop up.
    > It does just that, but the next time I open dial up the password is
    > there again!
    > I just want to bar a tiny person from logging on when I'm not there,
    > but everytime I remove it it comes back.
    > How do I set it so It asks for a password for logging on
    > win98???

    Just re-create the account (same details, but with the box
    unchecked), and delete the old one.
    --
    "Should work."

    trout, Nov 20, 2004
  4. "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > Annette Kurten wrote:
    > > when I uncheck save my password in the dial up pop up.
    > > It does just that, but the next time I open dial up the password is
    > > there again!
    > > I just want to bar a tiny person from logging on when I'm not
    > > there, but everytime I remove it it comes back.
    > > How do I set it so It asks for a password for logging on
    > > win98???

    > Control Panel
    > Network
    > Configuration tab
    >
    > Under "Primary Network Logon" select something other than Windows
    > Logon. If that is the only choice, ADD>CLIENT>ADD
    >
    > --
    > dadiOH
    > ____________________________
    >
    > dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    What? I just want to be able to have to put in my password in the pop up
    when needed.

    Annette Kurten, Nov 21, 2004
  5. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message

    | "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    | > Annette Kurten wrote:
    | > > when I uncheck save my password in the dial up pop up.
    | > > It does just that, but the next time I open dial up the password is
    | > > there again!
    | > > I just want to bar a tiny person from logging on when I'm not
    | > > there, but everytime I remove it it comes back.
    | > > How do I set it so It asks for a password for logging on
    | > > win98???
    | >
    | > Control Panel
    | > Network
    | > Configuration tab
    | >
    | > Under "Primary Network Logon" select something other than Windows
    | > Logon. If that is the only choice, ADD>CLIENT>ADD
    | >
    | > --
    | > dadiOH
    | > ____________________________
    | >
    | > dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
    | > ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
    | > LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
    | > Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
    | >
    | What? I just want to be able to have to put in my password in the pop up
    | when needed.

    I think he simply misunderstood. He was giving instructions for logging on
    to the computer, not for the password in Dial-Up networking. But you *DID*
    say "logon to Windows", so the confusion isn't his fault.

    Try this: start Internet Explorer. When it's up and running, go to Tools,
    Internet Options, Connections tab. In the settings for your dial-up will be
    the login name and password. Find that and remove the password from there. I
    think that will do what you need.

    In Windows XP, Internet Explorer version 6.x, the password box re-fills
    itself with a whole string of dots. But there is really nothing there. I
    don't know if it does that in Windows 98 or not.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 21, 2004