    say is a major reason why I failed is that I could not figure out what
    the heck they were asking on some of the requirements? The english
    was very poor and requirments were very vauge.
    George, Sep 7, 2004

  2. George

    Alin Baltaru Guest

    George wrote:

    > First attempt at sanjose and failed miserably. The one thing I must
    > say is a major reason why I failed is that I could not figure out what
    > the heck they were asking on some of the requirements? The english
    > was very poor and requirments were very vauge.

    how did you prepared yourself for this exam?
    two of my friends just had this exams ( actually one of them passed the
    composite) and none of them is a native english speaker, and they passed
    with scores >900. what I cand say is that paying attention to detailes
    is what matters most. next time try using boson tests ( these are pretty
    good)
    Alin Baltaru, Sep 7, 2004

  3. George

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > how did you prepared yourself for this exam?
    > two of my friends just had this exams ( actually one of them passed the
    > composite) and none of them is a native english speaker, and they passed
    > with scores >900. what I cand say is that paying attention to detailes
    > is what matters most. next time try using boson tests ( these are pretty
    > good)

    George is talking about the lab and not the written.

    > George wrote:
    > > First attempt at sanjose and failed miserably. The one thing I must
    > > say is a major reason why I failed is that I could not figure out what
    > > the heck they were asking on some of the requirements? The english
    > > was very poor and requirments were very vauge.

    When I took it, I heard the same complaints. But when I actually sat
    down for the exam, it was quite clear. There are nuances built in to
    the question to make sure that you clearly understand the underlying
    issues. But, that was the two day exam so I'm not sure how the current
    exams are.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Sep 7, 2004
  4. George

    AnyBody43 Guest

    Hansang Bae <> wrote
    > In article <>, says...
    > > how did you prepared yourself for this exam?
    > > two of my friends just had this exams ( actually one of them passed the
    > > composite) and none of them is a native english speaker, and they passed
    > > with scores >900. what I cand say is that paying attention to detailes
    > > is what matters most. next time try using boson tests ( these are pretty
    > > good)

    > George is talking about the lab and not the written.
    >
    > > George wrote:
    > > > First attempt at sanjose and failed miserably. The one thing I must
    > > > say is a major reason why I failed is that I could not figure out what
    > > > the heck they were asking on some of the requirements? The english
    > > > was very poor and requirments were very vauge.

    > When I took it, I heard the same complaints. But when I actually sat
    > down for the exam, it was quite clear. There are nuances built in to
    > the question to make sure that you clearly understand the underlying
    > issues. But, that was the two day exam so I'm not sure how the current
    > exams are.

    Just in case anyone is interested the RS written exam is in Beta until
    21 Sept which means that it is available at a substantial discount.

    I'm in:)

    There are disadvantages, look at CCO.
    AnyBody43, Sep 7, 2004
  5. George

    Dede Guest

    Actually George, listen to me.

    The questions are very clear:
    - What they tell explicitly, you should do the way they want to.
    - What they didn't tell, you can do the way you want to without violating
    requirements listed in other question.
    - If you are not clear about the question, ask the proctor.

    I failed twice, and after the 2nd trial, I realised it is me who make the
    exam a failure. The 3rd trial is successful when I apply the above laws to
    handle the questions.

    Of course, you also need to:
    - Practice the basic things (FR back to back, OSPF in FR, QoS, BGP, acl, and
    dialing) as much as you can, and make yourself react with the questions
    like a "reflect action".
    - Read your document CD, and know where to find info.
    - Know short-cut keys.

    "George" <> ???
    news: ???...
    > First attempt at sanjose and failed miserably. The one thing I must
    > say is a major reason why I failed is that I could not figure out what
    > the heck they were asking on some of the requirements? The english
    > was very poor and requirments were very vauge.

    --
    ~ Samba, more than a low cost File and Printer server ~

    -- Let us OpenSource --

    Dede, Sep 7, 2004
  6. George

    carl Guest

    "AnyBody43" <> wrote in message
    > Hansang Bae <> wrote
    > > In article <>, says...
    > > > how did you prepared yourself for this exam?
    > > > two of my friends just had this exams ( actually one of them passed

    the
    > > > composite) and none of them is a native english speaker, and they

    passed
    > > > with scores >900. what I cand say is that paying attention to

    detailes
    > > > is what matters most. next time try using boson tests ( these are

    pretty
    > > > good)

    > > George is talking about the lab and not the written.

    what

    > > When I took it, I heard the same complaints. But when I actually sat
    > > down for the exam, it was quite clear. There are nuances built in to
    > > the question to make sure that you clearly understand the underlying
    > > issues. But, that was the two day exam so I'm not sure how the current
    > > exams are.

    > Just in case anyone is interested the RS written exam is in Beta until
    > 21 Sept which means that it is available at a substantial discount.
    >
    > I'm in:)
    >
    > There are disadvantages, look at CCO.

    Hi

    I take the beta on the last day, what are the disadvantages described,
    cannot find anything on CCO

    Regards

    Carl
    carl, Sep 7, 2004
  7. George

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <413e1032$0$90049$>,
    says...
    > I take the beta on the last day, what are the disadvantages described,
    > cannot find anything on CCO

    Like any beta, the quality can be suspect. It may have ridiculous
    questions or confusing questions that will get tossed in the end.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Sep 8, 2004
  8. George

    AnyBody43 Guest

    Hansang Bae <> wrote
    > says...
    > > I take the beta on the last day, what are the disadvantages described,
    > > cannot find anything on CCO

    > Like any beta, the quality can be suspect. It may have ridiculous
    > questions or confusing questions that will get tossed in the end.
    > hsb

    OK Carl, lets try and find it;-)

    Open CCO, type [CCIE beta] in search window, open first match

    "Results are provided to candidates after the beta analysis is
    complete, which is generally six weeks after the close of the
    beta exam period. The Routing and Switching written beta exam
    can only be scheduled and taken once during the beta exam period,"

    I understand that normally results are available immediately. And
    as Hansang says, it is a beta so there may be problems of any sort
    during the exam.

    I am doing it mainly for the experience, I have NO chance of passing
    I don't think. Zero idea about BGP, IS-IS (well I know it's a link
    state protocol), little EIGRP, a bit OSPF, no recent ATM, no frame
    relay, no practical QoS, no practical multicast,
    only a few wireless access points here and there. I do though have
    (I think) good fundamentals on loads of stuff so I hope to answer
    a few questions.

    Clearly I will do a bit of reading however I will mostly just see
    how she go. I may have a BGP job in the next few days so that will
    help.
    AnyBody43, Sep 8, 2004
  9. George

    carl Guest

    "AnyBody43" <> wrote in message
    > Hansang Bae <> wrote
    > > says...
    > > > I take the beta on the last day, what are the disadvantages described,
    > > > cannot find anything on CCO

    > > Like any beta, the quality can be suspect. It may have ridiculous
    > > questions or confusing questions that will get tossed in the end.
    > > hsb

    > OK Carl, lets try and find it;-)
    >
    > Open CCO, type [CCIE beta] in search window, open first match
    >
    > "Results are provided to candidates after the beta analysis is
    > complete, which is generally six weeks after the close of the
    > beta exam period. The Routing and Switching written beta exam
    > can only be scheduled and taken once during the beta exam period,"
    >
    > I understand that normally results are available immediately. And
    > as Hansang says, it is a beta so there may be problems of any sort
    > during the exam.
    >

    > I am doing it mainly for the experience, I have NO chance of passing
    > I don't think. Zero idea about BGP, IS-IS (well I know it's a link
    > state protocol), little EIGRP, a bit OSPF, no recent ATM, no frame
    > relay, no practical QoS, no practical multicast,
    > only a few wireless access points here and there. I do though have
    > (I think) good fundamentals on loads of stuff so I hope to answer
    > a few questions.
    >
    > Clearly I will do a bit of reading however I will mostly just see
    > how she go. I may have a BGP job in the next few days so that will
    > help.

    cheers

    and good luck
    carl, Sep 8, 2004