    currently reading the press book on 271 and took the test under exam
    conditions that accompanied the book, i failed at 63% but hey i just started.
    So hopefully give me a few weeks and ill be half way there !
    Jay, Jan 30, 2008

  2. Jay

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Jay" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello im just starting out in the world of microsoft courses/exams. I am
    > currently studying towards a MCDST and will need all the help i can get. I
    > am
    > currently reading the press book on 271 and took the test under exam
    > conditions that accompanied the book, i failed at 63% but hey i just
    > started.
    > So hopefully give me a few weeks and ill be half way there !

    Hey, Jay - if you got 63% first time on the test on the CD you're doing
    really well! I'm sure it won't be long before you're ready to take the
    exam!

    Welcome to the newsgroup!

    IT Girl MCDST
    TheITGirl, Jan 30, 2008

  3. "Jay" <> wrote in message

    > Hello im just starting out in the world of microsoft courses/exams. I am
    > currently studying towards a MCDST and will need all the help i can get. I am
    > currently reading the press book on 271 and took the test under exam
    > conditions that accompanied the book, i failed at 63% but hey i just started.
    > So hopefully give me a few weeks and ill be half way there !

    Jay, truly the only resource that will better your odds on passing these
    exams is experience. Certifications are designed for experienced
    candidates, not for those just starting out. The key is to have
    installed, diagnosed and troubleshot the technology you are testing on.
    After you get the recommended experience and you wish to demonstrate
    your skills, then pursue the certification.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jan 30, 2008
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    In my career ive been a helpdesk technician and third line support engineer
    spanning just 7 years. With a lack of piece of paper to let people know what
    im talking about im finding quite hard these to find an employer who will
    take me seriously. Therefor ive decided to better my oppertunities in the
    field and become qualified IT guy. So i totally agree with you Michael
    experience will certainly help and im quite lucky to have gained what i have
    over the years without that piece of paper.

    Jay, Feb 1, 2008