HELLO AGAIN

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ~~~AllisonWonderland~~~, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. James C. Allison:
    This may or may not be the right group of whom to ask this question. If it
    is, any information would be deeply appreciated. If it isn't, maybe you
    would know the right group.

    I am running Windows 2000 Professional.

    I would like to set all my "Folder Views" to "List".

    I have been doing it manually, but they don't always stay that way even
    though some do.

    I went to the "Control Panel" and accessed "Folder Options" and on the
    "View" tab there is a pair of buttons in a box labeled "Folder views". The
    first button says: "Like Current Folder". The second button says: "Reset All
    Folders".

    The problem is that the button that says "Like Current Folder" is shaded and
    won't accept a click.

    I have called up a folder, changed it to "List", in hopes that it would be
    considered the "Current Folder", and make the "Like Current Folder" button
    clickable, but alas, all to no avail.

    Am I missing something here?

    Any information would be appreciated.

    AllisonWonderland Concert Lightshow/Creative Focus Graphics Design
    http://www.livingston.net/allison1/index.htm
    ~~~AllisonWonderland~~~, Aug 1, 2005

  2. ~~~AllisonWonderland~~~

    Fakename Guest

    Try using "reset all folders"

    Fakename, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Fakename:
    > Try using "reset all folders"

    JCA:
    "Reset All Folders" sets all folder to the default setting of "Large Icons".

    This doesn't accomplish what I want.

    Thanks for the response though.

    Hope you are well.

    ~~~AllisonWonderland~~~, Aug 1, 2005
  4. ~~~AllisonWonderland~~~

    Max Wachtel Guest

    "~~~AllisonWonderland~~~" <> wrote in

    > James C. Allison:
    > This may or may not be the right group of whom to ask this
    > question. If it is, any information would be deeply appreciated.
    > If it isn't, maybe you would know the right group.
    >
    > I am running Windows 2000 Professional.
    >
    > I would like to set all my "Folder Views" to "List".
    >
    > I have been doing it manually, but they don't always stay that way
    > even though some do.
    >
    > I went to the "Control Panel" and accessed "Folder Options" and on
    > the "View" tab there is a pair of buttons in a box labeled "Folder
    > views". The first button says: "Like Current Folder". The second
    > button says: "Reset All Folders".
    >
    > The problem is that the button that says "Like Current Folder" is
    > shaded and won't accept a click.
    >
    > I have called up a folder, changed it to "List", in hopes that it
    > would be considered the "Current Folder", and make the "Like
    > Current Folder" button clickable, but alas, all to no avail.
    >
    > Am I missing something here?
    >
    > Any information would be appreciated.
    >
    > AllisonWonderland Concert Lightshow/Creative Focus Graphics Design
    > http://www.livingston.net/allison1/index.htm

    Open "Windows Explorer" then click view/list, then Tools/Folder
    Options.
    In "Folder Options" do you have the "remember each folder's view
    settings" box checked? Is "Like Current Folder" available now? Perhaps
    you need to log off and back in using the administrator account.
    -max
    --
    Making Good Posts: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Registered Linux User #393236
    Max Wachtel, Aug 2, 2005
  5. Max Wachtel:
    > Open "Windows Explorer" then click view/list, then Tools/Folder
    > Options. In "Folder Options" do you have the "remember each folder's view
    > settings" box checked?

    JCA:
    Yes.

    MW:
    > Is "Like Current Folder" available now?

    JCA
    No.

    MW:
    > Perhaps you need to log off and back in using the administrator account.

    JCA:
    I did this, to no avail. It may well be that having all the folders in
    "list" mode is just something that is available at the time one has the
    folder open, and NOT something that can be done with all folders as the
    normal state. But still, I'd like to find how to get the "Like Current
    Folder" to be clickable.

    Thanks for the response Max.

    Hope you are well.
    ~~~AllisonWonderland~~~, Aug 2, 2005