    Can anybody shed some light?
    --
    Pete Cresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Apr 15, 2012

  2. On 15/04/2012 2:18 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > ISBN 1-4359-2975-6
    >
    > Seems like there are two commentaries available: Director's and
    > Cast's.
    >
    > But no matter what I do, I cannot play if with no commentary. It
    > always plays one or the other.
    >
    > After reading the jacket and listening to the director's intro, I
    > get the impression that it *could* be just that way: no regular
    > track, only the two commentary tracks.
    >
    > But that doesn't seem reasonable given the zero cost of doing it
    > right.
    >
    > So...
    >
    > Does anybody else have this DVD?
    >
    > Can anybody shed some light?

    why not just press the audio button on your remote to switch through
    them all?
    i'd be incredily surprised if there was no regular soundtrack.

    --
    Gareth.
    That fly.... Is your magic wand.
    the dog from that film you saw, Apr 15, 2012

  3. Per the dog from that film you saw:
    >why not just press the audio button on your remote to switch through
    >them all?
    >i'd be incredily surprised if there was no regular soundtrack.

    You are, of course, correct: there was a conventional audio
    track.

    Never even knew about the "Audio" button - that's how much I use
    a DVD player... -)

    Attempting to try that out, I put the DVD back in the same player
    and, guess what.... It played a-ok. However the audio button
    didn't have the expected effect of flipping to commentary.

    But before I read your post, I went at it with a DVD ripping
    utility and found four sound tracks: 3 English and one French...
    which is about what I would expect for two commentaries and a
    plain native sound track.

    Ripped one of each until I came up with the regular track.

    --
    Pete Cresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Apr 16, 2012
  4. (PeteCresswell)

    Brian Guest

    "(PeteCresswell)" <> wrote:
    > Per the dog from that film you saw:
    >> why not just press the audio button on your remote to switch through
    >> them all?
    >> i'd be incredily surprised if there was no regular soundtrack.

    > You are, of course, correct: there was a conventional audio
    > track.
    >
    > Never even knew about the "Audio" button - that's how much I use
    > a DVD player... -)
    >
    > Attempting to try that out, I put the DVD back in the same player
    > and, guess what.... It played a-ok. However the audio button
    > didn't have the expected effect of flipping to commentary.
    >
    > But before I read your post, I went at it with a DVD ripping
    > utility and found four sound tracks: 3 English and one French...
    > which is about what I would expect for two commentaries and a
    > plain native sound track.
    >
    > Ripped one of each until I came up with the regular track.

    I'd suggest that you study the manual for your DVD player as you could be
    missing out on some other features of your DVD player.

    --
    Regards Brian
    Brian, Apr 16, 2012