    neighbour.

    Ta,

    Nick
    NRENNIE, Nov 10, 2007

  2. NRENNIE

    Jason Rumney Guest

    On 10 Nov, 22:17, "NRENNIE" <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know where I could get a Hebrew keyboard from in NZ? For a
    > neighbour.

    If you can find one, it'll be a speciality item at a speciality price
    (aimed at large companies that need it urgently for testing purposes
    and won't hesitate to pay hundreds for such an item).

    For a private individual, the best option is to find someone who is
    visiting Israel and get them to bring one back. This is what my
    company did when we needed a Korean keyboard for testing a while back
    (it was a small company that couldn't afford the local price - I think
    it was Sun that would sell any country's national keyboard at a price,
    but you probably can't buy from them as a private individual).

    Another option if a Hebrew keyboard has the same number of keys as a
    US one, is to print out the symbols and stick them on a normal
    keyboard.
    Jason Rumney, Nov 12, 2007

  3. NRENNIE

    sam Guest

    Jason Rumney wrote:
    > On 10 Nov, 22:17, "NRENNIE" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know where I could get a Hebrew keyboard from in NZ? For a
    >> neighbour.

    > If you can find one, it'll be a speciality item at a speciality price
    > (aimed at large companies that need it urgently for testing purposes
    > and won't hesitate to pay hundreds for such an item).
    >
    > For a private individual, the best option is to find someone who is
    > visiting Israel and get them to bring one back. This is what my
    > company did when we needed a Korean keyboard for testing a while back
    > (it was a small company that couldn't afford the local price - I think
    > it was Sun that would sell any country's national keyboard at a price,
    > but you probably can't buy from them as a private individual).
    >
    > Another option if a Hebrew keyboard has the same number of keys as a
    > US one, is to print out the symbols and stick them on a normal
    > keyboard.

    Just looking on Amazon there are several options available, both
    stickers and full keyboards.

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e...ronics&field-keywords=hebrew keyboard&x=0&y=0

    http://www.amazon.com/Laminated-Tra...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1194898005&sr=1-1

    http://www.amazon.com/Hebrew-Englis...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1194898005&sr=1-2
    sam, Nov 12, 2007
  4. In message <>, Jason
    Rumney wrote:

    > Another option if a Hebrew keyboard has the same number of keys as a
    > US one, is to print out the symbols and stick them on a normal
    > keyboard.

    What do you mean by "normal" keyboard?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 12, 2007
  5. NRENNIE

    Jason Rumney Guest

    On 12 Nov, 23:08, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <>, Jason
    >
    > Rumney wrote:
    > > Another option if a Hebrew keyboard has the same number of keys as a
    > > US one, is to print out the symbols and stick them on a normal
    > > keyboard.

    > What do you mean by "normal" keyboard?

    Whatever you have at hand. As long as the physical layout is the same,
    it will work when you tell the OS it is a Hebrew keyboard.
    Jason Rumney, Nov 13, 2007