    Please advice.

    Thanks.

    Rob

    Robert, Aug 20, 2006

  2. "Robert" <> wrote in message
    news:uB%Fg.1550$...
    >I am assembling a new computer with Intel E6600 Core Duo 2 Asus P5W DH
    >deluxe motherboard. Which one is better to use, the Intel CPU Fan or a
    >Heat sink? Someone told me Ninja heat sink fan less is better. Is that
    >true? Please advice.

    I just recently made a system with that same CPU and motherboard. The
    retail pack HSF that comes with the CPU is very quiet and keeps the CPU cool
    enough. In fact it is the same HSF that comes with the previous Pentium Ds
    which run a lot hotter.

    I plan to maybe get a more powerful cooler for when I get into heavy
    overclocking with this system, but the standard one is more than adequate
    for the automatic Ai NOS overclocking that the motherboard can do.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Aug 20, 2006

  3. Robert

    David Culler Guest

    Robert wrote:
    > I am assembling a new computer with Intel E6600 Core Duo 2 Asus P5W DH
    > deluxe motherboard. Which one is better to use, the Intel CPU Fan or
    > a Heat sink? Someone told me Ninja heat sink fan less is better. Is
    > that true? Please advice.

    The Scythe Ninja and the Thermalright XP-120 are very good, if they'll fit.
    At stock speeds and voltages, the OEM HSF will do well enough.

    I would not use the Ninja without a fan.

    David Culler, Aug 20, 2006
  4. Robert

    Plato Guest

    Robert wrote:

    > I am assembling a new computer with Intel E6600 Core Duo 2 Asus P5W DH
    > deluxe motherboard. Which one is better to use, the Intel CPU Fan or a Heat
    > sink? Someone told me Ninja heat sink fan less is better. Is that true?

    You cant go wrong by using the fansink that comes in the retail box for
    Intel or AMD cpus.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 22, 2006