    please.

    Thanks in advance,

    Sam

    Sam Dobson, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Sam Dobson

    Kraftee Guest

    Sam Dobson wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently got ntl broadband, and it worked fine... until i
    > added a router. Now I get kicked off online game servers at regular
    > intervals and my downloads keep cutting out as well.
    >
    > I am told that this is because 'heartbeats' are not being responded
    > to. I guess that the router must be blocking them.
    >
    > How can I stop this?
    >
    > My ISP (NTL) have refused to help me on this matter, so I need some
    > help please.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Sam

    Turn off the offending NTL software as it is not required (if you need
    to reformat in the future you do not need to run the NTL CD, just
    remember to record the details of the servers, username, password
    etc).

    The problem could be the software (used to be Direct Connect in the
    old days don't know what it is now as I don't run it, never had to).

    That software could be confusing the rest.

    Check where I'm posting from & I've never run any of NTL's little
    value added addons & never needed to...

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....