    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    spam the Federal Trade Commission thats

    someone, Apr 3, 2005

  2. someone

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 23:14:40 +0000, someone wrote:

    > Anyone heard of Systemax ? They claim "assembled and supported in the
    > USA" Tigerdirect.com has them at some very good prices but are they a
    > smart buy ?

    Nothing wrong them particularly,but like any preconfigured system look at
    the specs very carefully. Watch for MicroATX boards with few or no
    expansion slots. Check the memory type. There may be 512Mbs of DDR RAM
    installed, but it may be PC2100 at 266Mhz when the motherboard could
    handle PC3200 at 400Mhz which is, of course, more expensive. The list
    goes on and on, but like I said, there's nothing more or less wrong with
    them than most other factory built machines.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Apr 3, 2005