    English. There's gotta' be afix for this though. Anyone heard anything?
    --
    DancingGopher
    DancingGopher, Mar 10, 2008

  2. DancingGopher

    John Barnes Guest

    Copy the text into a program you use, like Office and check there. Either
    send or copy back with corrections. Turn off spell-check.

    John Barnes, Mar 10, 2008

  3. I don't know what you've read - the reason is that OE relies on 'Office' to
    do the checking for it. Since there is no 64bit Office, there is also no
    spellchecking in OE.

    I believe Mozilla can do it, but I didn't check it out yet.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 11, 2008
  4. Sorry, there isn't a fix. The problem is fairly simple, and shows up in
    other areas as well - a 64-bit program can't use a 32-bit "DLL" (dynamic
    link library). And, conversly, an 32-bit program can't use a 64-bit DLL, of
    course. The spell check the OE uses is from Microsoft Office, and that is a
    32-bit program and a 32-bit DLL. OE in XP x64 is 64-bit.

    In Vista 64, the problem is solved by the Windows Mail program (replacement
    for OE) having its own spell checker that is native 64bit.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 11, 2008
  5. For the sake of argument...surely I'm not the only one left who doesn't use
    a spellchecker, and actually turns it off if it's on by default in some
    given program?

    Most of what I write is technical in nature, using plenty of terms and
    acronyms that spellcheckers won't recognize and keep nagging me to fix. So
    far, the spelling nazis have left me alone...
    Homer J. Simpson, Mar 12, 2008
  6. DancingGopher

    Jane C Guest

    Hi Homer,

    No, you're not the only one. I never use a spellchecker either :)

    > For the sake of argument...surely I'm not the only one left who doesn't
    > use a spellchecker, and actually turns it off if it's on by default in
    > some given program?
    >
    > Most of what I write is technical in nature, using plenty of terms and
    > acronyms that spellcheckers won't recognize and keep nagging me to fix.
    > So far, the spelling nazis have left me alone...

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Jane C, Mar 12, 2008
  7. Nur mee cuz i skoold reel gud

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 12, 2008
  8. DancingGopher

    Jane C Guest

    <g>

    Jane C, Mar 12, 2008
  9. Oh, I doubt you're the only one. I use one, certainly - I've got it trained
    to fix my most common typos, for one thing. I write for a living, and spell
    checkers do save me time. But it's really important to watch out for false
    corrections. And it does take it a while to learn the many acronyms and
    technical terms of a given subject.

    And, obviously, I don't have a spell checker when I'm running XP x64, though
    that's not a whole lot of the time any more.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 13, 2008
  10. DancingGopher

    nospam Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > Oh, I doubt you're the only one. I use one, certainly - I've got it
    > trained to fix my most common typos, for one thing. I write for a
    > living,

    --------------snip-----------------

    If your posts in this newsgroup are any indication to your writing
    ability, I bet you don't have to pay income tax because your income is
    below poverty level?
    nospam, Mar 15, 2008
  11. > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >> Oh, I doubt you're the only one. I use one, certainly - I've got it
    >> trained to fix my most common typos, for one thing. I write for a living,

    > --------------snip-----------------
    >
    > If your posts in this newsgroup are any indication to your writing
    > ability, I bet you don't have to pay income tax because your income is
    > below poverty level?

    ....and where are *your* contributions?
    Homer J. Simpson, Mar 15, 2008
  12. DancingGopher

    nospam Guest

    Homer J. Simpson wrote:
    >> Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >>> Oh, I doubt you're the only one. I use one, certainly - I've got it
    >>> trained to fix my most common typos, for one thing. I write for a living,

    >> --------------snip-----------------
    >>
    >> If your posts in this newsgroup are any indication to your writing
    >> ability, I bet you don't have to pay income tax because your income is
    >> below poverty level?

    > ...and where are *your* contributions?

    You are likewise thickheaded homey so you missed it ;)
    nospam, Mar 15, 2008
  13. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&index=books&field-author-exact=Charlie Russel&page=1

    Next time look before you speak.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 15, 2008
  14. Don't feed the trolls, Colin. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 16, 2008
  15. DancingGopher

    John Barnes Guest

    But, sometimes you just have to shine some light in their caves.

    John Barnes, Mar 16, 2008
  16. It was a golden moment. :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 16, 2008
  17. >>> Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >>> --------------snip-----------------
    >>>
    >>> If your posts in this newsgroup are any indication to your writing
    >>> ability, I bet you don't have to pay income tax because your income is
    >>> below poverty level?

    >> ...and where are *your* contributions?

    > You are likewise thickheaded homey so you missed it ;)

    Great comeback. Obviously you're in a great position to be judging
    Charlie's writing.
    Homer J. Simpson, Mar 16, 2008
  18. Mmm - what a perfect metaphore! And so perfectly timed!

    Tony.. .
    Tony Sperling, Mar 16, 2008
  19. DancingGopher

    Tony Harding Guest

    Homer J. Simpson wrote:
    > For the sake of argument...surely I'm not the only one left who doesn't use
    > a spellchecker, and actually turns it off if it's on by default in some
    > given program?
    >
    > Most of what I write is technical in nature, using plenty of terms and
    > acronyms that spellcheckers won't recognize and keep nagging me to fix. So
    > far, the spelling nazis have left me alone...

    In my experience it's been quite simple to add terms to the dictionary
    and you have them forever (or until you update the application).

    YMMV, of course.
    Tony Harding, Mar 31, 2008
  20. DancingGopher

    Tony Harding Guest