Headset Options for Sony Vaio

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dick K, Jul 25, 2007.

  1. Dick K

    Dick K Guest

    I have a Sony Vaio VGN-C1Z/B running Windows MCE 2005.
    It uses the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windows
    v4.00.36.0(SO)with driver version 5.0.2129.0, has a
    Sony cordless mouse and connects wirelessly to the
    internet.

    I'd like to use a cordless device for audio playback
    and recording and in particular for VoIP with Skype.
    I naively bought a Plantronics Pulsar 590E headset -
    after all it was Bluetooth so what could possibly go
    wrong? Oh boy! Well, firstly Bluetooth insists that
    the device is an "audio sink", not a "headset", so
    that's the mic and Skype kaput. Secondly, as Bluetooth
    help would have warned me had I bothered to read it,
    Bluetooth headphones only work properly if no other
    Bluetooth devices are connected. Audio playback breaks
    up and lags hopelessly unless I disable the mouse and
    the internet connection. I gather from Google that a
    number of people have encountered similar problems. I
    couldn't find any convincing solutions, so I think the
    Pulsar is a lost cause though I'd be grateful if
    anyone has any useful suggestion to offer.

    My next option seems to be a corded headset plugged
    directly into the sound card but I would really like
    a cordless solution if possible. So, I'd be grateful
    for recommendations for a binaural stereo cordless
    headset which would actually work with my system for
    audio playback and recording, including VoIP.

    TIA
    Dick K, Jul 25, 2007

  2. Dick K wrote:
    > I have a Sony Vaio VGN-C1Z/B running Windows MCE 2005.
    > It uses the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windows
    > v4.00.36.0(SO)with driver version 5.0.2129.0, has a
    > Sony cordless mouse and connects wirelessly to the
    > internet.
    >
    > I'd like to use a cordless device for audio playback
    > and recording and in particular for VoIP with Skype.
    > I naively bought a Plantronics Pulsar 590E headset -
    > after all it was Bluetooth so what could possibly go
    > wrong? Oh boy! Well, firstly Bluetooth insists that
    > the device is an "audio sink", not a "headset", so
    > that's the mic and Skype kaput. Secondly, as Bluetooth
    > help would have warned me had I bothered to read it,
    > Bluetooth headphones only work properly if no other
    > Bluetooth devices are connected. Audio playback breaks
    > up and lags hopelessly unless I disable the mouse and
    > the internet connection. I gather from Google that a
    > number of people have encountered similar problems. I
    > couldn't find any convincing solutions, so I think the
    > Pulsar is a lost cause though I'd be grateful if
    > anyone has any useful suggestion to offer.
    >
    > My next option seems to be a corded headset plugged
    > directly into the sound card but I would really like
    > a cordless solution if possible. So, I'd be grateful
    > for recommendations for a binaural stereo cordless
    > headset which would actually work with my system for
    > audio playback and recording, including VoIP.

    Does the FCC know you're trying to do all this?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 25, 2007

  3. Rôgêr wrote:

    > Does the FCC know you're trying to do all this?

    Never mind, you're a limey.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 25, 2007