Heads up--this one is spreading fast!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Larry Samuels, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Heads up!

    W32.Novarg.A@mm
    aka W32/Mydoom@MM [McAfee], WORM_MIMAIL.R [Trend]
    Discovered on: January 26, 2004
    Last Updated on: January 26, 2004 03:30:48 PM
    Category 4 - Severe
    Dangerous threat type, difficult to contain. The latest virus
    definitions should be downloaded immediately and deployed.
    -Wild: High
    -Damage or Distribution: High

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100983.htm
    http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/novarg.shtml
    http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=38102

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
    Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expe

    Larry Samuels, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Larry Samuels

    Shelby Meyer Guest

    I received about 200+ of these this afternoon. No damage because I didnt
    open them.

    Shelby Meyer, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Larry Samuels

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    beautiful. just beautiful. first storm. now this. i guess it will be a good
    week after all.

    :-(

    "Larry Samuels" <> wrote in news:#lNajEH5DHA.1052
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Heads up!
    >
    > W32.Novarg.A@mm
    > aka W32/Mydoom@MM [McAfee], WORM_MIMAIL.R [Trend]
    > Discovered on: January 26, 2004
    > Last Updated on: January 26, 2004 03:30:48 PM
    > Category 4 - Severe
    > Dangerous threat type, difficult to contain. The latest virus
    > definitions should be downloaded immediately and deployed.
    > -Wild: High
    > -Damage or Distribution: High
    >
    > http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    > http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100983.htm
    > http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/novarg.shtml
    > http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=38102

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    I am Against-TCPA
    http://www.againsttcpa.com

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Larry Samuels

    jfigueredo Guest

    Thanks, got a few already, as a ZIP attachment.

    Jose
    MCSA, A+

    jfigueredo, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Larry Samuels

    zeus Guest

    Yes.. Got a lot in the network now ...eeeeks...

    Better get back to work.

    zeus, Jan 27, 2004