    Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is WIDESCREEN!!!
    Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
    So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

    Film Buff, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Film Buff wrote:
    > Thought I would pass this along------
    > Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is WIDESCREEN!!!
    > Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
    > So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

    Then it goes back on my "must have" list.

    Thanks,

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Dec 15, 2004

  3. >Thought I would pass this along------
    >Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is WIDESCREEN!!!
    >Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
    >So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

    All right!

    Another movie to get for my DVD Christmas.

    Words cannot begin to describe how I feel about an anamorphic DVD version to
    replace my P&S CED copy of this movie. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Film Buff

    Guest

    Re: Heads Up! "Silver Streak" is WIDESCREEN!!!!

    So that explains WHY Walmart had a ton of them P&S versions in the
    $5.50 bin this week.

    , Dec 15, 2004
  5. LASERandDVDfan wrote:

    >>Thought I would pass this along------
    >>Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is WIDESCREEN!!!
    >>Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
    >>So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

    > All right!
    >
    > Another movie to get for my DVD Christmas.
    >
    > Words cannot begin to describe how I feel about an anamorphic DVD version to
    > replace my P&S CED copy of this movie. - Reinhart

    I'm upgrade a far shorter distance (WS DVHS dub from FMC), but I think I
    feel the same way.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Dec 15, 2004
  6. >I'm upgrade a far shorter distance (WS DVHS dub from FMC), but I think I
    >feel the same way.

    Maybe. But at least you had the pleasure of watching the movie in an high def
    digital videotape in the original aspect ratio.

    I had to settle for a videodisc which is read using a diamond stylus with a
    trailing titanium electrode! - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 16, 2004
  7. LASERandDVDfan wrote:
    >>I'm upgrade a far shorter distance (WS DVHS dub from FMC), but I think I
    >>feel the same way.

    > Maybe. But at least you had the pleasure of watching the movie in an high def
    > digital videotape in the original aspect ratio.

    No. The D-VHS was a dub I did from DirecTV to an RCA SDTV D-VHS VCR.
    Much better than P&S, but not anamorphic and at a very low bit rate for
    a 520x480i resolution.

    > I had to settle for a videodisc which is read using a diamond stylus with a
    > trailing titanium electrode! - Reinhart

    You win!!

    Matthew

    You can't win
    You can't break even
    You can't get out of the game

    Matthew L. Martin, Dec 20, 2004
  8. Film Buff

    LASERandDVDfan wrote:
    > >Thought I would pass this along------
    > >Just picked up "Silver Streak" today at Suncoast and it is

    WIDESCREEN!!!
    > >Looks like they put out a Full Frame DVD and a Widescreen DVD
    > >So be sure to get the Widescreen - It is Anamorphic!!!

    > All right!
    >
    > Another movie to get for my DVD Christmas.
    >
    > Words cannot begin to describe how I feel about an anamorphic DVD

    version to
    > replace my P&S CED copy of this movie. - Reinhart

    I'd gladly give you a couple bucks for your CED copy as I enjoy
    watching movies on this format and would be happy to ad your P&S Silver
    Streak to it.

    , Dec 20, 2004