    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Oct 15, 2010

  2. Graham.

    David Knell Guest

    On Oct 15, 8:30 pm, "Graham." <> wrote:

    > Two things I have noticed that I have posted in the forum,http://forum.ukddi.com/The email address must not exceed 28 characters
    > and if you go into the config screen a second time and click ROUTE again the routing changes to "register" and calls will no longer
    > be answered with fax tones.

    A word of thanks to Graham for spotting these two bugs, both of which
    I think I've fixed.

    --Dave
    David Knell, Oct 16, 2010

  3. In uk.telecom.voip David Knell <> wrote:
    > A word of thanks to Graham for spotting these two bugs, both of which
    > I think I've fixed.

    A stupid question... is CLID passed through? According to this:
    http://forum.ukddi.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
    it suggests the CLID is always Anonymous. Is there any other way to extract
    the caller's number?

    Thanks
    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Oct 16, 2010
  4. In article <VSr*>,
    Theo Markettos <> wrote:
    >In uk.telecom.voip David Knell <> wrote:
    >> A word of thanks to Graham for spotting these two bugs, both of which
    >> I think I've fixed.

    >A stupid question... is CLID passed through? According to this:
    >http://forum.ukddi.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
    >it suggests the CLID is always Anonymous. Is there any other way to extract
    >the caller's number?

    Caller ID seems to come through OK, however it's in E.164 format with
    a leading plus sign...

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Oct 16, 2010
  5. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    >>A stupid question... is CLID passed through? According to this:
    >>http://forum.ukddi.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
    >>it suggests the CLID is always Anonymous. Is there any other way to extract
    >>the caller's number?

    > Caller ID seems to come through OK, however it's in E.164 format with
    > a leading plus sign...
    >
    > Gordon

    I didn't think you would touch a service with no SLA ;-)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Oct 16, 2010
  6. In article <i9cnfs$2l6$-september.org>,
    Graham. <> wrote:

    >>>A stupid question... is CLID passed through? According to this:
    >>>http://forum.ukddi.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
    >>>it suggests the CLID is always Anonymous. Is there any other way to extract
    >>>the caller's number?

    >> Caller ID seems to come through OK, however it's in E.164 format with
    >> a leading plus sign...
    >>
    >> Gordon

    >I didn't think you would touch a service with no SLA ;-)

    Playtime vs. worktime... And it only took a moment to go there, register
    a number and give it a go...

    And it "just worked"...

    Wonder how long it will last. Wonder what their plans are, etc.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Oct 16, 2010
  7. Graham.

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > No doubt some of you will remember back in February Dave Knell posted
    > details of the UKDDI service
    > he had developed which gives you contiguous blocks of 10 DDIs which you
    > can point at VoIP devices.
    > http://www.ukddi.com/
    > He just sent an email to account holders informing us that it is now
    > possible to configure one or more
    > of the DDIs for fax to email
    > Just route your chosen DDI to fax:email@address

    Fax? Isn't that something granddad used to have

    Steve Terry
    --
    "I would like to plead for my right to investigate natural phenomena
    without having guns pointed at me.
    Steve Terry, Oct 17, 2010
  8. In article <i9deos$bqe$-september.org>,
    www.GymRatZ.co.uk <> wrote:
    > On 16/10/2010 18:39, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >>
    >> I didn't think you would touch a service with no SLA ;-)
    >> Playtime vs. worktime... And it only took a moment to go there, register
    >> a number and give it a go...
    >>
    >> And it "just worked"...
    >>
    >> Wonder how long it will last. Wonder what their plans are, etc.
    >>
    >> Gordon

    >I registered a number and ATA shows as registered but number is a
    >non-event.
    >Dialing it just gives nothing.
    >Account still registered but not pursued as it was/is a "free" offering
    >so can't expect free support and it's no loss if it doesn't kick in to
    >life although it's a great 01275 number if it worked.
    >:¬)

    They have 2 ways to get the call to you - they can punt it to a SIP server
    which accepts anonnymous incoming calls, or you can register to them
    and they send the call that route. I used the former as it was easier...

    If you're using the register method, did you set the target as 'register' ?

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Oct 17, 2010
  9. Graham.

    David Knell Guest

    On Oct 16, 6:39 pm, (Gordon Henderson) wrote:
    > In article <i9cnfs$2l.
    > Playtime vs. worktime... And it only took a moment to go there, register
    > a number and give it a go...
    >
    > And it "just worked"...

    That's how it's supposed to be, although it's always a pleasant
    surprise
    to have it confirmed.

    > Wonder how long it will last. Wonder what their plans are, etc.

    We've been offering free DDIs for a couple of years, and have no plans
    change things, start charging for inbound, etc.

    --Dave
    David Knell, Oct 17, 2010
  10. Graham.

    David Knell Guest

    On Oct 17, 1:07 am, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <discount-fitness-
    > wrote:

    Hi Pete -

    > I registered a number and ATA shows as registered  but number is  a
    > non-event.
    > Dialing it just gives nothing.
    > Account still registered but not pursued as it was/is a "free" offering
    > so can't expect free support and it's no loss if it doesn't kick in to
    > life although it's a great 01275 number if it worked.

    Drop me an e-mail () with your login and I'll take
    a look.

    --Dave
    David Knell, Oct 17, 2010
  11. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    >> No doubt some of you will remember back in February Dave Knell posted details of the UKDDI service
    >> he had developed which gives you contiguous blocks of 10 DDIs which you can point at VoIP devices.
    >> http://www.ukddi.com/
    >> He just sent an email to account holders informing us that it is now possible to configure one or more
    >> of the DDIs for fax to email
    >> Just route your chosen DDI to fax:email@address
    >>

    > Fax? Isn't that something granddad used to have

    You know that and I know that, but do our customers, and the people that have us for customers necessarily
    know that yet?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Oct 17, 2010
  12. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "jasee" <> wrote in message news:...

    >>> Fax? Isn't that something granddad used to have
    >>>

    >> You know that and I know that, but do our customers, and the people that have us for customers necessarily
    >> know that yet?

    > No, its a useful device for immediately sending information that you know will be received at the time of sending. Where to might
    > be questionable in a large organisation, but debatably more accurately than email (for instance).
    > Also a physical record might be important, rather than something that may be flagged as spam, deleted off the mail server, not
    > backed up, erased by viruses, trojans etc.
    > Most businesses (in particular those who need to keep records for five years or more, accountants, solictors etc) have faxes.
    > I'm talking about real faxes of course, not fax/modems as internal or external additions to pcs.

    'Course it's got to print on rolls of scrunchy thermal paper to qualify as a real fax ;-)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Oct 20, 2010
  13. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    >>> five years or more, accountants, solictors etc) have faxes. I'm talking about real faxes of course, not fax/modems as internal
    >>> or external additions to pcs.

    >> 'Course it's got to print on rolls of scrunchy thermal paper to
    >> qualify as a real fax ;-)

    > <g>
    > Well no, it doesn't last long enough if printed that way. Inkjet or Laser. Carbon film printed presents it's own problems as I've
    > never heard of companies shredding the waste film (which they should do)

    Carbon film fax machines are the sporn of the devil, thankfully
    I haven't come across one for quite some time.

    Actually I have seen valiant attempts at destroying the film, but my customers
    are NHS contractors so "information governance" should be a priority

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%.
    Graham., Oct 21, 2010