    Jim

    --
    Jim Rood

    Jim Rood, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Jim Rood

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:28:45 +0100, Jim Rood wrote:
    > A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    > uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    I have this image of a bunch of terriers running around yipping...

    --
    and pissing on the furniture.

    Jimchip, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Jim Rood

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Jim Rood wrote:
    > A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    > uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".
    >
    > Thought you'd appreciate this "heads-up"!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jim

    Oh this ought to be good. :)

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Jim Rood

    trout Guest

    Jim Rood wrote:

    > A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    > uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".
    >
    > Thought you'd appreciate this "heads-up"!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jim

    And *I'm* mocked because I like watching "Big Brother".
    --
    "Ooooh; now, your name is *^%%#$! John. That's fucking astounding."

    .... like the swallows to Capistrano...

    trout, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Jim Rood

    Richard Guest

    "Jim Rood" <nospam_Jim@Jrood_nospam.com> wrote in message
    > A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    > uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".
    >
    > Thought you'd appreciate this "heads-up"!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jim

    Is this gonna be like the monty python version of "the holy grail"?

    Richard, Jul 24, 2003
  6. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:08:31
    -0000, Jimchip uttered this:

    >On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:28:45 +0100, Jim Rood wrote:
    >> A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    >> uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    >I have this image of a bunch of terriers running around yipping...

    Sounds about right.

    >> Thought you'd appreciate this "heads-up"!

    --
    <Yawn>
    Just another bunch of

    William Poaster, Jul 24, 2003
  7. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:45:06
    -0700, trout uttered this:

    >Plato wrote:

    <nothing>

    >> Jim Rood wrote:
    >>>
    >>> A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    >>> uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    >>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    > The worst thing about you is that you are boring. Or possibly, that
    >you're repetitive. Or, maybe it's your pointlessness.
    > No, it's because you're boring. Just fucking boring.

    The plagiarist Play D'oh has no idea what a troll is.

    --
    Deja Moo: The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.

    William Poaster, Jul 24, 2003
  8. Jim Rood

    paul s Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:08:31 +0000, Jimchip wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:28:45 +0100, Jim Rood wrote:
    >> A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    >> uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    > I have this image of a bunch of terriers running around yipping...

    You just stamp on their necks, problem sorted.

    paul s, Jul 24, 2003
  9. Jim Rood

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:08:31 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:28:45 +0100, Jim Rood wrote:
    >> A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    >> uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    >I have this image of a bunch of terriers running around yipping...

    I'm not buying it, particularly since there is no "Jim Rood" to be found in uly.

    http://tinyurl.com/hwc4

    I didn't like 'his' headers either.

    "I think this is just another attempted troll."

    >> Thought you'd appreciate this "heads-up"!

    --
    Two minutes is, to me, 2 minutes too many. Trolls thrive on
    attention... starve them, and they die pathetic, lonely little deaths.

    Mara, Jul 24, 2003
  10. Jim Rood

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:16:31 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:45:06
    >-0700, trout uttered this:
    >
    >>Plato wrote:

    ><nothing>

    >> The worst thing about you is that you are boring. Or possibly, that
    >>you're repetitive. Or, maybe it's your pointlessness.
    >> No, it's because you're boring. Just fucking boring.

    >The plagiarist Play D'oh has no idea what a troll is.

    That's because he _is_ one.

    "Trolls are too stupid to be able to tell."

    Mara, Jul 24, 2003
  11. Jim Rood

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jimchip continued:

    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:28:45 +0100, Jim Rood wrote:
    >> A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    >> uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    > I have this image of a bunch of terriers running around yipping...

    "Arkwright, Tonto's gone mad again."
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 24, 2003
  12. Jim Rood

    gangle Guest

    "Mara" wrote
    > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:45:06 -0700, trout wrote:
    >
    > >Plato wrote:

    > >> The Herd led by the most nasty troll gangle has tried this many times
    > >> before. Didn't work.

    > > The worst thing about you is that you are boring. Or possibly, that
    > >you're repetitive. Or, maybe it's your pointlessness.
    > > No, it's because you're boring. Just fucking boring.

    > What, is Playpants kooking out again? For the millionth time?
    >
    > "Someone needs to tell his doctor that he won't take his meds."

    As the leader of the herd, I am reminding you (again) to eat your
    hay & oat ration before it goes bad and/or Poaster steals it and
    shoves it down his pulsating piehole.

    gangle, Jul 24, 2003
  13. Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Jim Rood wrote:
    >>
    >> A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    >> uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    >The Herd led by the most nasty troll gangle has tried this many times
    >before. Didn't work.

    Fuckhead.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 24, 2003
  14. On 23 Jul 2003 23:03:07 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> ripped off his/her
    clothing and screamed to the world:

    >Jim Rood wrote:
    >>
    >> A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    >> uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    >The Herd led by the most nasty troll gangle has tried this many times
    >before. Didn't work.

    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    yer a idjit.

    Godwin's Law FAQ
    -or-
    "How to post about Nazis and get away with it"

    One of the most famous pieces of Usenet trivia out there is "if you mention
    Hitler or Nazis in a post, you've automatically ended whatever discussion
    you were taking part in". Known as Godwin's Law, this rule of Usenet has a
    long and sordid history on the network - and is absolutely wrong. This FAQ
    is an attempt to set straight as much of the history and meaning of Godwin's
    Law as possible, and hopefully encourage users to invoke it a bit more
    sparingly. Of course, knowing Usenet, it won't do an ounce of good...

    [Standard Disclaimers: this document assumes you have some basic knowledge
    of Usenet; if you don't, go check out news.announce.newusers for a while to
    gain said knowledge. Misuse of the information contained within this FAQ
    is not the responsibility of the author (though he's pretty confused exactly
    how you could misuse this information). Copyright 1999, Tim Skirvin, all
    rights reserved, <FISH><, fnord, furrfu.]

    I. The Basics
    1. What is Godwin's Law?

    Godwin's Law is a natural law of Usenet named after Mike Godwin
    () concerning Usenet "discussions". It reads, according to
    the Jargon File:

    As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
    involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

    2. What does it mean?

    It pretty much means exactly what it says - as a Usenet thread
    goes on, the chances of somebody or something being compared to a Nazi
    approach one.

    3. Yes, but what does it *mean*?

    Aah, now *there's* the real question.

    In case your head has been buried in the sand for the last sixty
    years or so, the Nazis were a German political party lead by Adolf Hitler
    that slaughtered upwards of ten-million people that didn't meet their
    standards of "ethnic purity" and set off to conquer Europe and the world
    in World War II. They are generally considered the most evil group of
    people to live in modern times, and to compare something or someone to
    them is usually considered the gravest insult imaginable.

    As a Usenet discussion gets longer it tends to get more heated; as
    more heat enters the discussion, tensions get higher and people start to
    insult each other over anything they can think of. Godwin's Law merely
    notes that, eventually, those tensions eventually cause someone to find
    the worst insults that come to mind - which will almost always include a
    Nazi comparison.

    4. That still doesn't answer my question. What does it *MEAN*?

    The Law is generally used on Usenet as an indicator of whether a
    thread has gone on too long, who's playing fair and who's just slinging
    mud, and who finally gets to "win" the discussion. It has, over time,
    become the closest thing to an impartial moderator that Usenet can get.

    So, what this means in practical terms:

    o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
    wasn't necessary or germane without it necessarily being an
    insult, it's probably about time for the thread to end.
    o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
    was vaguely related but is basically being used as an insult,
    the speaker can be considered to be flaming and not debating.
    o If someone brings up Nazis in any conversation that has been
    going on too long for one of the parties, it can be used as
    a fair excuse to end the thread and declare victory for the
    other side.

    5. So - *WHAT DOES IT MEAN*?

    Fine, fine - it means that somebody's eventually going to say
    something about the Nazis in any thread that lasts very long. When it
    happens, the thread is going to start either degenerating into a long
    flamewar over Nazi Germany or about Godwin's Law. Either way, the thread
    is effectively over, and you can safely killfile the thread a

    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Jul 24, 2003
  15. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:01:20 +0100, Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    <> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed to
    the world:

    >Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    >
    >>Jim Rood wrote:
    >>>
    >>> A group of *particularly* *nasty* & ruthless trolls from the
    >>> uk.local.yorkshire newsgroup are currently planning an invasion of
    >>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk in an attempt to "shut it down".

    >>The Herd led by the most nasty troll gangle has tried this many times
    >>before. Didn't work.

    >Fuckhead.

    You give him too much credit.

    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Jul 24, 2003
  16. Jim Rood

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:53:59 -0700, gangle wrote:

    >"Mara" wrote

    >> > The worst thing about you is that you are boring. Or possibly, that
    >> >you're repetitive. Or, maybe it's your pointlessness.
    >> > No, it's because you're boring. Just fucking boring.

    >> What, is Playpants kooking out again? For the millionth time?
    >>
    >> "Someone needs to tell his doctor that he won't take his meds."

    >As the leader of the herd, I am reminding you (again) to eat your
    >hay & oat ration before it goes bad and/or Poaster steals it and
    >shoves it down his pulsating piehole.

    Oh, just shut the **** up, you fucking fucked-up fuckheaded fucker. ****.

    "Jesus H. Fucking Christ."

    Mara, Jul 24, 2003
  17. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:53:59
    -0700, gangle uttered this:

    >"Mara" wrote

    >> > The worst thing about you is that you are boring. Or possibly, that
    >> >you're repetitive. Or, maybe it's your pointlessness.
    >> > No, it's because you're boring. Just fucking boring.

    >> What, is Playpants kooking out again? For the millionth time?
    >>
    >> "Someone needs to tell his doctor that he won't take his meds."

    >As the leader of the herd, I am reminding you (again) to eat your
    >hay & oat ration before it goes bad and/or Poaster steals it and
    >shoves it down his pulsating piehole.

    Poaching provisions before it putrefies,
    & poking it down my pulsating piehole?

    PAH!

    --
    Holy flurking shlitt!

    William Poaster, Jul 24, 2003
  18. Jim Rood

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:27:13 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:09:45
    >-0500, Mara uttered this:
    >
    >>On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:53:59 -0700, gangle wrote:

    <snip>
    >>>As the leader of the herd, I am reminding you (again) to eat your
    >>>hay & oat ration before it goes bad and/or Poaster steals it and
    >>>shoves it down his pulsating piehole.

    >>Oh, just shut the **** up, you fucking fucked-up fuckheaded fucker. ****.

    >Mm....well I think that explained it to him! (TINH)

    Keep an eye on him. If he heads towards the refrigerator, let me know so I can
    run and hide.

    Mara, Jul 25, 2003
  19. Jim Rood

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:27:27 -0400, Thund3rstruck wrote:

    >Mara Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    ><>:
    >
    >> Oh, just shut the **** up, you fucking fucked-up fuckheaded fucker.
    >> ****.
    >>
    >> "Jesus H. Fucking Christ."

    > Geeze! Don't hold back, tell us (TINU) how you _really_ feel. <G>

    You don't understand glurds, do you? LOL

    Mara, Jul 25, 2003
  20. Jim Rood

    Jimchip Guest

    That's what happens when you start with that glurd **** code.

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Jimchip, Jul 25, 2003