    Warbucks Guest

    Greetings. I have an HP Pavilion.....when using headphones, the laptop
    speakers don't mute. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks.

    Warbucks, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Warbucks

    John Guest

    On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:04:22 GMT, "Warbucks" <> wrote:

    >Greetings. I have an HP Pavilion.....when using headphones, the laptop
    >speakers don't mute. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks.

    Try going to volume control in your start menu's entertainment folder.
    If you see a slider for "Mono" or something similar to that, try
    muting it. If you don't see mono, try options|properties to see if you
    can enable the mono slider, then mute it.

    John, Dec 14, 2007

  3. Warbucks

    Warbucks Guest

    Thanks John, but I don't have any such folder!!

    Warbucks, Dec 15, 2007
  4. Warbucks

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Make sure your headphones are plug all the way in.

    pcbutts1, Dec 15, 2007
  5. "Warbucks" <> wrote in

    > Greetings. I have an HP Pavilion.....when using headphones,
    > the laptop speakers don't mute. Any ideas what could be
    > causing this? Thanks.

    It would be a function of your computer, not the headset.

    Are you sure you're plugged into the headphone jack and not an
    external speaker jack?

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

    A penny for your thoughts - $20 to act them out.

    Christopher Jahn, Dec 15, 2007
  6. Warbucks

    Warbucks Guest

    Yes, plugged into correct jack. It worked before, but just stopped

    Warbucks, Dec 15, 2007
  7. Warbucks

    Warbucks Guest

    Actually, I should say that the actual headphones don't work in all of this.

    Warbucks, Dec 15, 2007
  8. "Warbucks" <> wrote in

    > "Warbucks" <> wrote in message
    >> Greetings. I have an HP Pavilion.....when using headphones,
    >> the laptop speakers don't mute. Any ideas what could be
    >> causing this? Thanks.

    > Actually, I should say that the actual headphones don't work
    > in all of this.

    So, the speakers don't mute and the headphones don't work?
    Either something is in the jack preventing the connection from
    being made, or the jack is broken.

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

    Did you know that if you were a kangaroo, you couldn't be a
    mailman?

    Christopher Jahn, Dec 15, 2007
  9. Warbucks

    John Guest

    On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:30:16 GMT, "Warbucks" <> wrote:

    >Thanks John, but I don't have any such folder!!

    OK, if you have removed that folder from your start menu, another way
    to access your volume control is to double click that little speaker
    icon on your task bar. If you have removed that icon, then go to the
    control panel and click on the sounds and audio devices applet, then
    under the volume tab, click advanced.

    John, Dec 15, 2007